Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What color would you want on gravel bike. Culprit RAD 2019 model seeking advice. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES!!! I almost bought this Trek Frame just for the colour... https://bikeworldiowa.com/...rameset-230871-1.htm On sunday I rode together with the guy who designed this one: https://bigforestframeworks.com/...nnrad-stahlrahmen-2/ GREAT!!!
Wilier also knows something about paintjobs: https://wilier.com/...orld/road/cento10air

My own Crosser is Neon-Green with blue and orange (would also be OK without orange I guess...).

But whatever you do: it needs to be flashy and glossy - ban matte, ban black, ban stealth, and ban the logo on the fork
Last edited by: Blabelzabel: Jun 19, 18 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: What color would you want on gravel bike. Culprit RAD 2019 model seeking advice. [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Considering how popular the Nardo Grey color has become in the automotive world, I'm surprised we don't see more bikes in that color.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: What color would you want on gravel bike. Culprit RAD 2019 model seeking advice. [FlashBazbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlashBazbo wrote:
If it's my bike, I want it to look good after a hard season of gravel racing. And I want it to be easy to maintain.

So . . . when the paint on the bottom of the downtube chips (and it will), what color will show through? The bottom of the downtube (and any other place where gravel is going to impact the frame a lot) should be painted or coated the same color as the material under the paint. That way, the bike keeps looking good for several seasons. (This is one reason unpainted titanium frames are popular in gravel bikes.) The last thing you need is a contrast between the color of the perfect paint and the color of the material that shows through the hundreds of gravel chips that will form in that paint. That's important, because the bike in used condition is a public sales representative for you -- for better or worse.

Also, make at least the right chainstay gloss black. Black because it won't show chain lube and gloss because it's easy to degrease.

I like the neon yellow as a primary frame color. Maybe neon yellow with protective coatings or appliques on the underside of the downtube and topside of the chainstays?

And, for business purposes, make the logo stand out. You aren't Specialized or Trek yet, so subtlety is your enemy. You need to get your name out. Make the logo easily readable from 20 feet away, when the bike is in motion.

These are excellent suggestions. I second:
  • Black paint on the underside of the downtube and on the chainstays
  • Removing any logos from the fork. Perhaps a pinstripe would be nice.

Quote Reply
Re: What color would you want on gravel bike. Culprit RAD 2019 model seeking advice. [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it- I would offer a bright version and also a subdued version.
I like gloss over carbon better than Matte nude. Matte dude shows every smudge and fingerprint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the geometry like?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't care for the seat post to be painted...I prefer contrast there in traditional black and if you want, have your saddle match the frame color. Just like you wouldn't paint your stem and handlebars to match your frame instead of keeping them traditional black and using bar tape to match the frame color.
Last edited by: Jason N: Jun 19, 18 16:02
Quote Reply
Re: What color would you want on gravel bike. Culprit RAD 2019 model seeking advice. [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are pics of one of the samples in the wild

The cable routing is not final in this pic

We agree with you, Post will stay carbon with decal. Frame, only logo on downtube. will move RAD to a new logo design on inside chainstay. Fork blades have no logo outside, only Culprit C logo on inside of blade.

Any other suggestions. BTW
final post will be 2 options 1 offset or adjustable -18 to -30 degree post

Cheers.

Quote Reply

Prev Next