Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Le Mans
Quote | Reply
Uninterrupted coverage on Velocity this year.
As expected, Toyota is running away with it for now.
Anybody else watching the greatest auto race?
Quote Reply
Re: Le Mans [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:

This year real seems like a messed up Farce. BoP is a mess yet again, and 1 Factory LMP that MIGHT get there first win, if they can keep there car togeather, which is maybe a 50/50 proposition.

They need to find a fix.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Le Mans [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
This year real seems like a messed up Farce. BoP is a mess yet again, and 1 Factory LMP that MIGHT get there first win, if they can keep there car togeather, which is maybe a 50/50 proposition.

They need to find a fix.
Without any previous WEC races, I think it was easy to game Bop.

DPi seems to have encouraged participation at the P1 level. Perhaps ACO should actually consider it.
The Toyota's still have a long way to go. You never know when you'll get punted into the barricades by a Ferrari.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Loved the Velocity coverage right up until they had a Heidi moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:

Particularly happy that Fernando Alonso won for Toyota (beating those gawd damn Porsches:-). IMHO Alonso is still one of the very best F1 drivers out there but just hasn't had a competitive ride since he left Ferrari. I hope he gets the hat trick and wins the Indy 500 next.

Funny Alonso story. My buddy and I sat next to him in a restaurant in downtown Montreal the weekend of the CDN Grand Prix about ten years ago and had no clue who he was until after the waiter told us when he left when we asked if any of the GP drivers were in tonight for a meal. Been a huge fan ever since. Plus he seems like a genuine nice guy.
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Jun 17, 18 17:05
Quote Reply
Re: Le Mans [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought him pulling out a lawn chair during Indy was hysterical.

He's shown he can drive the wheels off of anything.

Porsches did well in the GT classes. Sorry about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
I thought him pulling out a lawn chair during Indy was hysterical.

He's shown he can drive the wheels off of anything.

Porsches did well in the GT classes. Sorry about that.

That was to be expected. Got nothing against the cars, just the douches that tend to buy them. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

Particularly happy that Fernando Alonso won for Toyota (beating those gawd damn Porsches:-). IMHO Alonso is still one of the very best F1 drivers out there but just hasn't had a competitive ride since he left Ferrari. I hope he gets the hat trick and wins the Indy 500 next.

Funny Alonso story. My buddy and I sat next to him in a restaurant in downtown Montreal the weekend of the CDN Grand Prix about ten years ago and had no clue who he was until after the waiter told us when he left when we asked if any of the GP drivers were in tonight for a meal. Been a huge fan ever since. Plus he seems like a genuine nice guy.

I was at a Pikes Peak Hill Climb that Bobby Unser absolutely destroyed the competition. My friend and I were having a blast with the people next to us, not until we left and I was leafing through the Program that I realized we were drinking beers with Roger Mears.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

Particularly happy that Fernando Alonso won for Toyota (beating those gawd damn Porsches)

Well, there were no Porsches nor Audis to beat in LMP1 or 2 this year, so = empty vicotry

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Le Mans [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Well, there were no Porsches nor Audis to beat in LMP1 or 2 this year, so = empty vicotry

I am glad for Alanso but bummed that Porsche and Audi weren't there. I remember when Corvette Racing kept soldering along in the old GT1 class after beating everyone.

Speaking of Corvette Racing, with all the BOP talk, why couldn't they give the Corvettes and Aston Martins something to keep them in the mix. I think it would be cool to see the front engine/rear drive cars with more speed on the straights, but have the mid engined cars catch up in the corners.

The Porsche/Ford GT battle between Makowiecki and Sebastien Bourdais was awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First year in ages that I’ve had no real interest in the race, the sooner they can fix the premier class the better. Pretty easy for Toyota to win with no competition, they can focus on reliability and still destroy the petrol powered cars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:

Actually was at the race this year for work. What an amazing experience! Got back home yesterday so still pretty excited and could talk all day about it.
Quote Reply