Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strava, KICKR, and Privacy
Quote | Reply
Since the last Strava privacy update, whenever I ride the KICKR, Strava ignores the power from the trainer and just provides virtual power based on speed (so it's way off, as in I wish it were that high).

However, power data is correct as both TrainingPeaks and Zwift data are correct. Also, when riding outside, Strava actually displays real power, not virtual (from P2M).

The explanation I got after several emails is that because I do not share my health data with them, they can only provide virtual data. This makes very little sense both in terms of privacy and software development. Anyone has noticed the same issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Strava, KICKR, and Privacy [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to GDPR, it's global implications, and what it has done in a lot of digital contexts.

You are correct - because you have opted out of sharing health data, Strava will only use estimated virtual measurement for the Kickr. Because you're routing data from the P2M through another device that isn't qualifying that data as being health related, it's classified differently.

(In disclosure, I've been busy attempting to write GDPR compliant privacy policies and what their subsequent impacts are to current business functions over the last three months. It has added significant gray hair and beard length to me.)

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply