Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New York state suing Trump
Quote | Reply
Get out the popcorn folks. This could get interesting. Donnie keeps rolling in it. Sooner or later he won't be coming up smelling like a rose.

https://www.cnn.com/...oundation/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: New York state suing Trump [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're an hour late, brother.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BFD and no one cares.
Quote Reply
Re: New York state suing Trump [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
BFD and no one cares.

except those who're still interested in the rule of law; there's a few of us around.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
BFD and no one cares.

Yeah, its pretty hard to comprehend how his base supporters give him a pass on virtually everything no matter what possible laws he could be breaking. But then he is "one of us". What is interesting is this is state law, not federal, so Trump can't give himself a pardon as I understand it. Also this could be more about his kids as they are on the board of directors on what appears to be a bogus charity.
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Jun 14, 18 18:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's at times like this I'm reminded of Romans 13.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New York state suing Trump [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are reporting in the British press that the sopeana including photos of notes in Trumps writing ordering the charity to break the law.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cue the Trump groupies to bring up the Clinton Foundation in 3,2,1...

I hope they go after them hard. There are a lot of people who hide behind charitable foundations to commit crimes (including the Clintons). Their Defense is always the same

“this legal action is low, how can you go after an organization that spends $X dollars on charitable work”

With Trump and his sons, I would expect to hear a lot of that with the obligatory “witch hunt” thrown in. You can already see his supporters saying it’s no big deal or that it doesn’t register on their outrage meter (they no longer care if their man breaks laws because he won). Laws should have penalties for everyone and If they did break any while hiding hiding behind their good deeds, I hope they go after them hard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
BFD and no one cares.

No one? I do. I do.

The state AG is the legal representative for the public for all charities. Trump has used his charity for business gains. That's self dealing and is illegal.

He says he won't settle. Good. Litigate it. He will lose.
Quote Reply
Re: New York state suing Trump [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump always talks tough so when he says he won’t settle, you can bet he’ll work hard behind closed doors to do just that.

He’s repeatedly said he would love to meet with Mueller too and then complained about how long that’s dragged on but he could end it all if he would just testify.
Quote Reply
Re: New York state suing Trump [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope some of his tax returns get incorporated into evidence.
Quote Reply
Re: New York state suing Trump [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

The bible supports NY's law suit. Can't wait for a reporter that has trouble understanding even short simple sentences to get a chance at this one at a press briefing.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: New York state suing Trump [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
Slowman wrote:

The bible supports NY's law suit. Can't wait for a reporter that has trouble understanding even short simple sentences to get a chance at this one at a press briefing.

i'm pretty sure the white house is going to quickly rue the day sessions chose this justification. that said, and to his credit, the ny atty general didn't separate trump from his children in bringing this lawsuit.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New York state suing Trump [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Cue the Trump groupies to bring up the Clinton Foundation in 3,2,1...

I hope they go after them hard. There are a lot of people who hide behind charitable foundations to commit crimes (including the Clintons). Their Defense is always the same

“this legal action is low, how can you go after an organization that spends $X dollars on charitable work”

With Trump and his sons, I would expect to hear a lot of that with the obligatory “witch hunt” thrown in. You can already see his supporters saying it’s no big deal or that it doesn’t register on their outrage meter (they no longer care if their man breaks laws because he won). Laws should have penalties for everyone and If they did break any while hiding hiding behind their good deeds, I hope they go after them hard.

I think it is most likely true that Clinton misused her position to get donations to the Clinton Foundation. What we don't have is evidence that the money donated was misused.

Siphoning off foundation money for other than charitable purposes appears to have been the MO for the TF for 30 years.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: New York state suing Trump [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Siphoning off foundation money for other than charitable purposes appears to have been the MO for the TF for 30 years.

It's right out of Al Qaeda's and a host of terrorist organizations playbook too. Charities are often the front for criminal activities because of what used to be more lax oversight and the pretense that they are set up for charitable purposes. It's kind of like Livestrong where Lance hid behind his charitable acts.

I read this morning that one of the Trump boys was "outraged" by the "politically motivated" attack on a very worthwhile charity and then proceeded to list off all their good work. So far, he's following the playbook.

Quote Reply