Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
I am surprised this many people shave...

I am not hairy per say but I am DEFINITELY hairy enough for people to brush up against me in the dark and be like "woa that was a dude".

I can understand for an "A" race if you think you could grab a Kona slot but if you are MOP or back of FOP..why even bother?

and I shave my face with the disposable two blade razors haha I have never heard of half of this stuff.

Because it looks good and feels nice. What more reason do you need?
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [TIT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TIT wrote:

Define "looks good". My significant other finds my fur attractive everywhere but the back.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
TIT wrote:

Define "looks good". My significant other finds my fur attractive everywhere but the back.

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think shaved legs look more muscular and defined. My wife prefers my legs natural but I think shaved legs always look better. She is fine with me shaving for races and luckily for her I only race a couple of times a year.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
You shouldn't use some teal or purple plastic monstrosity to shave any part of your body.

I'm in the all metal, safety razor camp, and a good brush and lather.

Agreed! Add a quality shave soap like Sterling and it’s not even a contest anymore. So much smoother. I compare it to driving a standard. It takes getting used to but all this time later still generally better and cheaper to boot.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's colour, or plastic, got to do with it?
Is it the colour and/or material that makes it a "monstrosity"?

If not, what is your actual issue with the thing?
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The one that came for free in the mail.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
TIT wrote:

That's not what she told me.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Harry's - same as for my face (different razors, same model). The prices on blades are great.

I wish they made a three-blade cartridge in addition to the five-blade as I find the leg hair tends to clog up the cartridge quicker than facial hair.

~Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [kluecke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gillette Mach - 5
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
What's colour, or plastic, got to do with it?
Is it the colour and/or material that makes it a "monstrosity"?

If not, what is your actual issue with the thing?

As another DE user they are probably referring to the material. A DE safety razor requires a bit of a learning curve but it’s far superior of a shaving instrument.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mach 3. I use Cremo shaving cream. I used to shave more often, but now it’s more like every other week.

To me, I get the same type of feeling out of freshly shaved legs that I get from switching from training wheels to race wheels. When My legs are smooth, I just feel like I’m ready to race. Plus I like the look and feel. I grew up inline speed skating, so I’ve been shaving my legs ever since I had hair on them.

When I see a hairy athlete, I automatically (sometimes incorrectly) assume that he or she isn’t taking their sport very seriously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Body, no blade - Nair spray for men, apply, shower, gently scrub off. - https://amzn.to/2l8dv1w
Face, schick hydro 3 - https://amzn.to/2y6V2f1

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever is cheapest, without resulting in the shower looking like a blood-letting took place.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's preventative maintenance in the event of a crash / road rash. On top of that it's much nicer to have a masseuse give you a good rub down without feeling like they are yanking hair out of your body with each moment that passes. The muscular discomfort is enough to bare.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
foil electric razor for face.

Electric razor can shave any time ... any place ..... and saves time.

I hate to think about how much of my life is wasted on shaving.

I keep a foil electric razor in the car for long stoplights and when my wife shops.

+1, shave face at a couple of stoplights on the way to work.. waste of time otherwise.

I am an hairless ape for the most part, have shaved legs once for a race but could not measure/notice any difference..

my son shaves for his big college swim meets, this thread has some useful ideas I'll pass on to him, thanks all..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow - I'm actually surprised nobody has piped up who uses old-school safety razors blades with a metal old-school safety razor like the Merkur.

The blades cost like $15 for an entire YEAR supply and it's always great to have a sharp razor. Not only is the cheapest, I've found it's also the most pleasant of the shaving methods, and I've used the disposable blades, various electric razors, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Wow - I'm actually surprised nobody has piped up who uses old-school safety razors blades with a metal old-school safety razor like the Merkur.

The blades cost like $15 for an entire YEAR supply and it's always great to have a sharp razor. Not only is the cheapest, I've found it's also the most pleasant of the shaving methods, and I've used the disposable blades, various electric razors, etc.

Yeah I’m all about my Dorco. Use Dorco blades too spend $3 a year. Add my Omega 10 bore brush with Sterling Bay Rum soap and we’re in business!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blade shaver 40-50 Year’s. Would use noreclo 3 head to knock it down. That razor died did a search bought a Panasonic wet/dry es8243a do not use blades anymore it is that good
Quote Reply

Prev Next