Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I've been riding the ultimate extensions for a little over a month.
Where is the "like" button?

Glad you're enjoying the extensions...thanks for your support.

Mat Steinmetz

51-SPEEDSHOP.com - instagram - @matsteinmetz - facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Will you still be operating your fit business out of Colorado Multisport and what are your plans for aero testing? I saw you were trying the body scan software on Facebook.

Yes, I will still be operating my fit business out of Colorado Multisport. At the moment, I fit on Wednesdays and also take various appointments throughout the week. Let me know if you'd like to come in.

Mat Steinmetz

Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [RBeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Congrats buddy. Still rockin' the ugly ass pads, but at least I'll have some bars. :)

All that fancy P5 of yours is missing are some 51ss extensions and cups!

Shoot us an email to info@fiftyonespeedshop.com

We do have some cups that fit the P5, 3T bars, and all Zipp product.

Mat Steinmetz

Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Once again congrats on getting everything up and running. Cant wait to order the cups (like really I cant wait, let me give you my money please! If you had a pre order I am in!)

I have loved the ultimate extensions. As Steve said, much stiffer then the zipp evo 110, great job of putting hands in right position. Been over the moon happy with them.

Hey Brendan-

Thanks again for your business. I'm very happy that you're enjoying the product.

We may do a pre-order on a few products once we have firm delivery dates. But, until we get into a reliable delivery schedule, I don't want to promise something and then miss that mark.

Mat Steinmetz

Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [Mat Steinmetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found these on the doorstep when I came home from work today:). Super excited. Very light and they look very well made. If you had asked me to design the "perfect custom extension" for my bike/fit this is exactly what I would have asked for. I was previously running the Zipp Evo 110's but had them undermounted on my Tririg Alpha X (worked well, but wanted a little more rise and it wasn't the cleanest or lightest set up) and most recently running the Tririg Gamma One on the Alpha X slammed clamps which is a much cleaner solution but still doesn't give me the rise I wanted an I missed the built in offset of the Zipps. So... the new speedshop bars should be perfect... I can mount them up to the slammed clamps, I get a more rise, I get the built in offset, they are light, and look great:). Everyone has their own needs but it is almost like Mat designed these for me:) I will try to get them mounted up tonight and post some photos. I will have them on the bike for CdA next week if anyone is there and wants to see them in person.

Quote | Reply
Here's the quick and dirty install. Only rode for 10 mins after the install but so far I love the bars the new position. I expect my install is a little non-traditional.. meaning I took the bars out of the box and basically started hacking things up... trimmed about an inch off the tips(I am limited on how far back the bars can mount and therefore they were a little loo long.. was bummed I had to cut them but just a negative of the slammed clamp setup) and a significant part of the base due to how the AlphaX slammed setup works (very similar to the original Shiv carbon bar slammed clamps.) You end up with a very short extension since it starts well forward of the base bar. But it works and I am super happy with the outcome:)

(Also worth noting that this is a Shiv.. and the Shiv stack is just insanely high and on top of that I was between sizes.. I am 5'9 and I sized up (M/54) and should have sized down(S/52)... so for my fit I had to find a way to get as low as possible up front with the Shiv... but that is "low" to the frame, that doesn't mean I am all that low to the seat. I'm still higher than I want to be. End of the day I need a smaller frame, but it works for now. Technically it works on the shiv fit chart but in reality it is right on the edge. I probably could have even gone down to an XS and been able to make it work easier then the M sized frame. If anyone had an XS or S Rocket Red Shiv frame i'll buy it from you!:).. otherwise I will just wait and see what the next Shiv looks like before committing to a new bike/frame.)

Last edited by: gregtay: Jun 15, 18 11:53
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [Mat Steinmetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Setup looks great Greg. Enjoy.

Mat Steinmetz

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really looking forward to pick up the extension! At the moment they are at the customer clearence:)

Only problem is that i am ridning a Speed Comcept and the Bontrager plug- in mono part is out of stock in EU untill 27.08.2018:(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mat Steinmetz wrote:
Quote:
when will the cups be available?

Thanks for your support.

Cups are also in production and should be available sometime this summer. I don't have an exact date yet.

Any update on the ETA of the cups?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Mat Steinmetz wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for your support.

Cups are also in production and should be available sometime this summer. I don't have an exact date yet.

Any update on the cups yet? I’m loving the bars, but still need the cups.
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
need help between the ultimate aero or the ski bar for my Felt ia frd build. 
I know the answer might be personal. 
juat want some input from other. 

is the ski bar too extreme with 51 angle , 
or is the ultimate aero going to put more pressure on the wrist. 

I have try the original Felt bar, it seem like it a bit too much pressure on the wrist pointing down.
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [lightspeed79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the 51sp ultimate, I would say its pretty good for my postion. This I think is the best extension on the market.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have the ultimate and love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:
Mat Steinmetz wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for your support.

Any update on the cups yet? I’m loving the bars, but still need the cups.

^bump^

What's the ETA on the cups? I'm hating my current cups/ aero pads and want to try the Speedshops...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mat,

When will the Arm Cups be back in stock?

Also the Ultimate Aero Extensions?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Both should be available again by the end of the month or the very beginning of April.

Mat Steinmetz

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a chance to try the 51 Speedshop elbow cups and pads on my bike.

They are very well done.

Vey adjustable, nice pads.

Direct bolt-ons with our original screws on the Tactical.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mat Steinmetz wrote:
Quote:

Both should be available again by the end of the month or the very beginning of April.

Hey Mat,

Any update on arm cups?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were available last week. Looks like they sold out again.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a large batch getting packaged right now. I had some shipped sans packaging last week and sold out in 3 days. We should have more at the end of this week or beginning of next.

Mat Steinmetz

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently, all (or most) extensions are of the same diameter? I have an Easton Attack bar and would like new extensions for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Introducing 51 SPEEDSHOP: The Store Is Now Open [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Apparently, all (or most) extensions are of the same diameter? I have an Easton Attack bar and would like new extensions for it.

Yes, all 51ss extensions are the industry standard round 22.2mm (+/- 0.2mm).

Mat Steinmetz

Quote Reply

Prev Next