Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Custom titanium time trial bike (54cm) - stealthy
Quote | Reply
It is time to say farewell to my loyal racing steed, "Thermopylae." I'm selling my custom titanium time trial / triathlon bike, built by the legendary J of Tati Cycles in Chicago (now Tamago) with the absolute utmost attention to detail. The bike is a custom geometry, but roughly equal to a size 54 TT bike. I'm 5'11" and 155 lbs.

Look, this bike might not have aero tubing or the lastest newfangled tech, but here is what it does have: the absolutely magical ride quality of high-end titanium. This is a TT bike that you really can (I have) ridden for 100s of miles at a stretch. The bike is matte black and has a stealthy aesthetic.

Some component highlights:
Vision Tri-Max Carbon Fiber Aerobars / Integrated Basebar
Powertap Hub
Mavic Open Pro wheelset
SRAM Force Crank
SRAM RED Chainrings (53/39)
SRAM Force Front and Rear Derailer
SRAM Rival TT Shifters
SRAM Rival Brakes
SRAM Rival Cassette (11/25)
Frame is powder-coated matte black with a bare Ti rear triangle
No pedals included

There are a couple scratches to the frames powder-coated and cosmetic imperfections. But this bike runs like a dream and has been obsessively maintained over the years. The bike got a full overhaul about 6 months ago.

What can you do with this bike? Well, you could race it in TT/Triathlons as is. Or you could change out the TT front-end with standard drop handlebars and use it as your group-ride/road bike while still reaping the benefits of training on a TT frame geometry.

I am in San Francisco, willing to ship to continental US.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom titanium time trial bike (54cm) - stealthy [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My reading comprehension is admittedly very poor, but is there a price associated with your bike? I honestly didn't see one.
Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Custom titanium time trial bike (54cm) - stealthy [ZippityDuDah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops. Forgot about that little detail. I’m looking for $2000, shipped.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom titanium time trial bike (54cm) - stealthy [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump -- Willing to entertain "best offers" north of $1000. You could part out the bike for more than that. I'm just too lazy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump. Looking for $1000 for this bike. It’s a steal!
Quote Reply