Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Justice finally being served?
Quote | Reply
https://ravallirepublic.com/...0a-b26c0b2b0c5f.html

Came across this article today, about as stiff a penalty as one could hope for, basically life for this guy.

" A man buzzed on painkillers and other drugs when his pickup truck plowed into a pack of Michigan bicyclists, killing five, was sentenced Monday to at least 40 years in prison after he tearfully expressed regret over the rural road tragedy."

I know that many of you probably knew some of these folks, or know someone that knew them. It hit very close to our community. I feel bittersweet about this whole thing, on one hand nothing brings back those people, or the pain their passing caused others. But at least the guy responsible will be paying the ultimate price, so perhaps a sign to others when encountering cyclists on the road. One mans freedom doesnt even come close to balancing the scales on all those lives lost and broken, but it is all we got I guess...
Quote Reply
Re: Justice finally being served? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I came to post this as well. There is another thread with the whole history since the incident happened.
Quote Reply
Re: Justice finally being served? [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya I saw that some one dug up Demerly's old post on this, I missed it. Guess I just wanted to voice my frustration or whatever it is that there really is no peace for the dead and their families. We all can take some solace in that perhaps going forward this has some tiny impact on some drivers, but to be at ground zero it is really nothing to see this guy go away forever, at least it would be that way for me..
Quote Reply