Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TREK Speed Concept rear wheel not centerd
Quote | Reply
Rear wheel on my TREK SC 9 is not centered. It seems to be closer to the left side of the frame.
If I ride out of the saddle on a steep hill, it might be even touching the frame slightly.

Any ideas how it should be fixed ?
Quote Reply
Re: TREK Speed Concept rear wheel not centerd [vaitas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you noticing it is off center?

I would make sure the rear wheel is completely seated in the rear dropouts.

You could also remove the chain and place the wheel back in the frame reversed and see if the wheel is off center the same amount in the other direction. This will give you an idea if it is a wheel or a frame issue.
Quote Reply
Re: TREK Speed Concept rear wheel not centerd [talking head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I notice that it is offcenter at every point where it is possible to compare both sides. one point is shown in the image. others are at the bottom close to the brakes and also at the "shark fin".

The wheel is seated properly.
I will try to put a wheel the over way around as you suggest.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take it into a dealer and have them check it. Happened to me on my MTB, frame was warrantied. Kind of a pain in the ass though, especially since I had to pay for re-assembly with the new frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most likely NOT the frame... The wheel is dished to the left. Try another wheel that is new. The wheel drive side spokes are most likely fatigued causing the wheel to shift laterally. I have seen this with new wheels too if not built correctly.....
Last edited by: scca_ita: Jun 11, 18 6:51
Quote Reply
Re: TREK Speed Concept rear wheel not centerd [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As noted above, try a different rear wheel and tire first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My vote as well: Wheel likely needs dished.
Quote Reply
Re: TREK Speed Concept rear wheel not centerd [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue with a 404. It was not dished. That took care of the issue, now in the center.
Quote Reply
Re: TREK Speed Concept rear wheel not centerd [Jamie73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was before I got my SC, but I had the same problem on a Madone with my brand new Rear Flo90 wheel, my LBS had to re-dish it and has been fine ever since, including on the SC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can also check the dishing yourself.
Balance the wheel on a flat table so that the it sits on the hub. Stack up whatever (books, magazines, etc) so that they sit just under the wheel at the rim. Do this in at least two locations: 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock.

Now, flip the wheel over and balance it on the other side of the hub.

Does your book stack just touch the rim like on the other side? If so, then it is dished correctly. They should be within a millimeter of each other.
Quote Reply