Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Warts on latex tube
Quote | Reply
I was changing my tube (green Bontrager latex) before a race I figured new season new tube. Plus I had to put on my race tires. My latex tube had imperfections all over it. Is this normal wear and tear on latex? Or is this an indication that I have something wrong on my training tires or with my wheels?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Last edited by: Jloewe: Jun 8, 18 3:04
Quote Reply
Re: Warts on latex tube [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might help : https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m_F1/Vittoria_Latex_–_Is_This_‘Normal’_…_P6483588/#p6483588

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A photo would help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was it kind of like a line or crease with "warts" on your tube? If yes, the tube was pinched.
Quote Reply
Re: Warts on latex tube [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn’t get a photo up. But similar to what the other link on this feed is. Looks like a crease across most of the tube. Almost like a chain on it.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even with rim tape, the latex tubes will conform to the slight indents over the spoke holes. Normal, not a problem in my opinion. I just changed the tires on my carbon clinchers that use latex tubes and they had the same "warts". Have noticed them before and it's never been an issue. If they bother you, switch to Velo plugs instead of using rim tape. Of course this is just my opinion of the condition you're describing. Without a picture I can't be sure, but this came to mind after reading your description of the issue.

I wanna go fast!
Last edited by: ironmanatee: Jun 8, 18 10:35
Quote Reply