Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Quote | Reply
Need something for outdoorsy, mountain biker, dirt biker, runner husband. I just bought a whitewater raft and he seems into that (we met whitewater kayaking)- we have two multi day trips planned with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Father’s Day Gift Ideas [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.slidebelts.com/products/survival-belt

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're anything like my wife and I, we have most things we need. So, to avoid clutter, I would recommend consumables. Find some interesting food for the trips. Beef jerky, Cliff bar has some new flavors out, a pizza and beer waiting for him when he returns from a ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Father’s Day Gift Ideas [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1. Food and alcohol are the male equivalent of perfumes, fancy soaps and flowers for women - always popular, can never have too much.

And as a biker more kit is nearly always welcome. However much you have there's always an old favourite that's just about worn out, or a gap in your collection. Gloves are a good choice, they don't take up much space if you have too many pairs and they wear out quick enough that you're always topping up. Does he have a good waterproof bag for taking on your white water trips? That could be handy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gift cert. for a massage?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Father’s Day Gift Ideas [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that undetectable? Let's say at Universal Studios security that grabs a wallet knife, versus Disney security that doesn't grab a wallet knife or full mag of .380 which was possibly mistaken for photo equipment (not that this scenario could have or would have ever happened to me)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:

Rafters are not that subtle- we carry knives lashed to our PFDs that are one hand accessible in case an issue comes up with ropes or cheese.

Love the ideas! Food is a good one. I just replaced his running shorts and shirts after a solid decade of use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the knife front I use a Pilot Knife from NRS. Blunt tip, sharp edge on one side, serated on the other, bottle opener in the hilt, one hand release, and a few other things I'm likely forgetting. Oh and a shatter end thingy if you either need to break a window or just go to town on that beer bottle you just opened with it..also a line/rope cutter is built in.

Out rafting yesterday and dropped it on my inflatable pontoon...very happy about that blunt tip.
Quote Reply
Re: Father’s Day Gift Ideas [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
On the knife front I use a Pilot Knife from NRS. Blunt tip, sharp edge on one side, serated on the other, bottle opener in the hilt, one hand release, and a few other things I'm likely forgetting. Oh and a shatter end thingy if you either need to break a window or just go to town on that beer bottle you just opened with it..also a line/rope cutter is built in.

Out rafting yesterday and dropped it on my inflatable pontoon...very happy about that blunt tip.

I got a new co-pilot but I should check what my husband has. We met kayaking and paddled on multiple continents in our 20s- so we have all the best kayaking gear from 20 years ago. It’s funny what has changed and what has not. Knife holsters seem much better.

I don’t think he was expecting my two day class in rowing to translate to us having an oar rig a week later- but he seems pleasantly surprised. He is now designing a deck to attach on top of his dirt bike trailer for the raft.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMO the perfect gift for Father's day is food or time. Go to a butcher and get the best aged steak you can find, or, make sure he has a guilt free afternoon or few hours to do whatever he wants with.

This is going to be my first Father's day, and honestly, all I want is a steak, a nap, and some time with my family.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good recommendations here.

My first recommendation would be a guilt-free morning to do whatever he wants (with you, with the family, without either). If he wants to go for a 3-4 hour bike ride so be it. If he wants to go kayaking with a buddy, let him go. Then in the afternoon do something with the family and a nice steak dinner.

I spend so much time with my kids its hard to go out and enjoy some of the stuff that I want to do that they can't (mtn biking, kayaking, etc). Its nice to have more bike jerseys, shorts, etc but sucks when you can't use em.

How much are you looking to spend? Some of the ideas listed are good, but might be better off for a bigger day (birthday, anniversary, etc).
Quote Reply
Re: Father’s Day Gift Ideas [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
IMO the perfect gift for Father's day is food or time. Go to a butcher and get the best aged steak you can find, or, make sure he has a guilt free afternoon or few hours to do whatever he wants with.

This is going to be my first Father's day, and honestly, all I want is a steak, BJ, a nap, and some time with my family.

ftfy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Does he have a dropper post for his MTB? If not, that is the best upgrade you can do to a MTB. Even if he thinks he doesn't need/want one, once he has one, he won't go back.
Quote Reply
Re: Father’s Day Gift Ideas [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I already get the BJ's regardless of what day it is.

Quote Reply
Re: Father’s Day Gift Ideas [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A-A-Ron wrote:

Does he have a dropper post for his MTB? If not, that is the best upgrade you can do to a MTB. Even if he thinks he doesn't need/want one, once he has one, he won't go back.

Ooh this is a great idea! He has mentioned it a few times and I love mine.

Budget say 200 ish but willing to stretch for the right gift. He’s done a lot of Fathering while my dad was dying this past year (and I didn’t really spend any money the while focusing on that so my play fund is flusher than usual.)
Last edited by: Moonrocket: Jun 8, 18 8:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
A-A-Ron wrote:

Ooh this is a great idea! He has mentioned it a few times and I love mine.

Budget say 200 ish but willing to stretch for the right gift. He’s done a lot of Fathering while my dad was dying this past year (and I didn’t really spend any money the while focusing on that so my play fund is flusher than usual.)

There are definitely decent droppers out there for $200.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:

Slide belts are AWESOME been wearing one style for several years now. Mine is a Mission Belt, but that survivor one seems like a cool idea.. gotta go look into that.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Father’s Day Gift Ideas [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

So your saying you want to skip it on Fathers Day?
Quote Reply
Re: Father’s Day Gift Ideas [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

So your saying you want to skip it on Fathers Day?

No it's just not something I need to request.

But that nap....

Quote Reply