Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Debbie Wasserman Shultz and Her Strange IT Support
Quote | Reply
I wondered if anything came from the whole weird DWS IT family thing. Glad to see that there was a follow up, and it continues.
_
"Sources also say that investigators were particularly interested in whether anyone else in the congressional offices that all of these IT aides worked for was involved in alleged improper activity. This might include Rep. Wasserman Schultz, who was the Democratic National Committee (DNC) chair when she employed Awan. It might also include former Rep. Xavier Becerra, D-Calif., who employed Awan when Becerra was chairman of the House Democratic Caucus. Becerra is now California attorney general.

“The House Office of Inspector General tracked the Awans network usage and found that a massive amount of data was flowing from the (congressional) networks,” said Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa. “Over 5,700 logins by the five Awan associates were discovered on a single server within the House, the server of the Democratic Caucus Chairman, then Rep. Xavier Becerra of California. Up to 40 or more members of Congress had all of their data moved out their office servers and onto the Becerra server without their knowledge or consent.”"
-
http://www.foxnews.com/...sible-plea-deal.html
Last edited by: dave_w: Jun 7, 18 15:19
Quote Reply
Re: Debbie Wasserman Shultz and Her Strange IT Support [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
I wondered if anything came from the whole weird DWS IT family thing. Glad to see that there was a followed up, and it continues.
_
"Sources also say that investigators were particularly interested in whether anyone else in the congressional offices that all of these IT aides worked for was involved in alleged improper activity. This might include Rep. Wasserman Schultz, who was the Democratic National Committee (DNC) chair when she employed Awan. It might also include former Rep. Xavier Becerra, D-Calif., who employed Awan when Becerra was chairman of the House Democratic Caucus. Becerra is now California attorney general.

“The House Office of Inspector General tracked the Awans network usage and found that a massive amount of data was flowing from the (congressional) networks,” said Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa. “Over 5,700 logins by the five Awan associates were discovered on a single server within the House, the server of the Democratic Caucus Chairman, then Rep. Xavier Becerra of California. Up to 40 or more members of Congress had all of their data moved out their office servers and onto the Becerra server without their knowledge or consent.”"
-

She apparently went psycho in trying to get the investigation by the Capitol police quashed as well as the House investigation that was going on at the same time. From reports, she went way above and beyond keeping the Awan family on the payroll and with access to the network they were eventually shut out of. Something's definitely up with DWS on this one.

Knowing many Pakistanis as I do, I'm not shocked in the least at the Awans' alleged larcenous ways, believe me. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Debbie Wasserman Shultz and Her Strange IT Support [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
dave_w wrote:
I wondered if anything came from the whole weird DWS IT family thing. Glad to see that there was a followed up, and it continues.
_

-

She apparently went psycho in trying to get the investigation by the Capitol police quashed as well as the House investigation that was going on at the same time. From reports, she went way above and beyond keeping the Awan family on the payroll and with access to the network they were eventually shut out of. Something's definitely up with DWS on this one.

̶K̶n̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶P̶a̶k̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶,̶ I'm not shocked in the least at the Shultzs' alleged larcenous ways, believe me. ;-)

Fixed it for ya'!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That article is very hard to understand. When I find more time I'll try to find some on gizmodo or something. Mainstream media is not good at writing about tech issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Debbie Wasserman Shultz and Her Strange IT Support [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
That article is very hard to understand. When I find more time I'll try to find some on gizmodo or something. Mainstream media is not good at writing about tech issues.

There were multiple PING's on the hard drive over the LAN Network which resulted in DDOS on the flux capacitor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So 40 members of congress have their data moved to a server that DWS controls without their knowledge or consent. What the heck was she thinking/trying to cover up. Was she looking for leaks?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Meanwhile, a House Office of Inspector General investigation determined that Awan and his crew (none of whom underwent background checks to gain the IT positions they held in Congress) committed numerous violations of House security policies."

Nothing to see here peeps, move along.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is odd to put it very mildly.

Keeping them on after the story started breaking needs some serious explanation. My guess is that she didn't realize what they were up to and they were kicking back some money to her. She doesn't seem like a mastermind double agent spy. But it is hard to find an innocent explanation. It seems like there has to be more to the story than she thought they were doing a good job.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Debbie Wasserman Shultz and Her Strange IT Support [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What better way for the DNC to ensure total backing of HRC,than to know how the members of the Democratic party are speaking about HRC when not in front of a camera or microphone? If DWS has all that info, she knows whom to provide greater funds to, or whom gets cut off for supporting the non-DNC chosen candidate.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply