Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Could Norvasc be adversely affecting my training?
Quote | Reply
Hello Slowtwitch:
On December 17, 2017 by doctor prescribed Norvasc for mild high blood pressure. I’ve taken the prescribed dosages and my BP has responded nicely.
However, my training has seen a terrible decline in both quality and quantity. My fatigue level has markedly increased and I simply cannot get into a consistent training routine. In years past, I’d complete my workouts without an issue and now I struggle to even get started.

I’m not at all talented but at least my training was consistent and enjoyable, now it’s neither. Could this medication be the cause? I’ve not seen fatigue as a side effect. Is there an alternative? I’m 47 with 25 years of training and racing. My life situation has not changed at all in the last seven months – pretty much the same job and life stressors; no changes in diet or sleeping habits.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as this is very frustrating.

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Could Norvasc be adversely affecting my training? [Slow_Nole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey did you talk to your doctor about it? I would start with that first. Describe your fitness before and your fitness now and how you feel and see what he or she says. It could be the medication or it could be something else, but at least if you start the conversation with your doctor you can at least discover if this is the cause or if its something else. You mentioned you haven't had any change in lifestyle. I assume that means you don't have any additional stressors in your persona life or career. Has your training changed at all? Have you seen downward trend in training and if so could it be that you are suffering from some subtle differences in training that add up over time? Those are just some ideas (not a coach but trying to be helpful without giving unqualified medical advice). Of course I hope you get to the bottom of it because that must be frustrating.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Could Norvasc be adversely affecting my training? [Slow_Nole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been on Norvasc for a while now and I might have had the same fatigue issue when I first started,. A lot of things were changing back then and I don't know if I can pin it down specifically on the meds

My training now is pretty good; really consistent, motivation is right up there and I've actually gotten a little faster, even at 4-dozen and something years old

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply