Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

McCabe Begging for Immunity
Quote | Reply
Former Deputy Directory of the FBI McCabe is asking for limited immunity during his upcoming Congressional.

He is facing criminal charges regarding lying to internal investigators about the Clinton Email Scandal, and doesn't want his Congressional testimony to be used against him in the criminal matter.

https://www.cnn.com/...-grassley/index.html
Last edited by: efernand: Jun 7, 18 7:56
Quote Reply
Re: McCabe Begging for Immunity [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Former Deputy Directory of the FBI McCabe is asking for limited immunity during his upcoming Congressional.

He needs to reach out to Kim Kardashian or another celebrity to speak on his behalf and he'll be fine.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he's guilty of breaking a law he should be held to account.

See what I did there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:

He is facing criminal charges regarding lying to internal investigators about the Clinton Email Scandal, and doesn't want his Congressional testimony to be used against him in the criminal matter.

https://www.cnn.com/...-grassley/index.html

No one knows what his attorney has proffered -- in the way of any useful information he can provide -- to congressional and senate investigators in order to entice a grant of immunity from the Senate and/or the House. Probably part of a play by him to get back at Comey and Rosenstein. Comey's got his own PR (and possibly legal) troubles, what with word out that he was "insubordinate" in carrying out his duties. At best, he's a duplicitous liar who turned out to be the "Higher Loyalty" he was waiting for, and McCabe is a sleazy operator who got caught out in the end.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I was his lawyer I would tell him to take the 5th on everything but his name, and maybe even that, if he didn't have immunity. No good can come of it.

I would give the same advice to Trump and anyone else who could potentially be facing criminal charges.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: McCabe Begging for Immunity [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
If I was his lawyer I would tell him to take the 5th on everything but his name, and maybe even that, if he didn't have immunity. No good can come of it.

I would give the same advice to Trump and anyone else who could potentially be facing criminal charges.

That's the smart move. Shut your damn mouth, let your lawyers do the talking for you, and plead the 5th if pressed. No good can come of yakking to anyone about what you did or didn't do.

Quote Reply
Re: McCabe Begging for Immunity [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:

That's the smart move. Shut your damn mouth, let your lawyers do the talking for you, and plead the 5th if pressed. No good can come of yakking to anyone about what you did or didn't do.

In the history of the world, no one has ever been successful saying "I can explain" to the cops.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: McCabe Begging for Immunity [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why is it so hard not to lie?

Hillary did something illegal - probably mostly out of convenience - with her email server. It was a 2/10 in terms of really mattering

McCabe lied by obfuscating facts. His actions were a 4/10 in terms of really mattering.

Now Trump - and rightfully so - is going to put so much of his weight behind this. And you read it here first: he will pressure investigators illegally to get what he wants out of this. So it will end up coming back to him. Round and round it goes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He won't need immunity, since Trump will pardon him.

The crime is going to be hurting Clinton and help Trump, of course Trump will pardon.
Quote Reply
Re: McCabe Begging for Immunity [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

The crime is going to be hurting Clinton and help Trump, of course Trump will pardon.

There was some talk in DC the last couple of weeks that he was considering pardoning Barack Obama "for any high crimes and misdemeanors he may have committed while in office." It was more a way of putting one up his predecessor's coal chute than anything else, and it would be just like the Manhattan real estate developer to do so. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I follow the politics in the Philippines very closely and with each passing day, Trump is looking more and more like a third world dictator...

Apologies if I insulted Duterte...
Quote Reply
Re: McCabe Begging for Immunity [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I follow the politics in the Philippines very closely and with each passing day, Trump is looking more and more like a third world dictator...

Apologies if I insulted Duterte...

essentially a demagogue...

https://www.lawfareblog.com/...demagogic-presidency
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
chaparral wrote:

There was some talk in DC the last couple of weeks that he was considering pardoning Barack Obama "for any high crimes and misdemeanors he may have committed while in office." It was more a way of putting one up his predecessor's coal chute than anything else, and it would be just like the Manhattan real estate developer to do so. ;-)

So further degrading the presidency by using it a club for personal revenge. Trump just hates this country or is an idiot.
Quote Reply