Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Alcatraz Ask Me Anything [BenKanute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations and thank you for participating here.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Alcatraz Ask Me Anything [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you still doing lots of run-walk training? Coach Jim has a lot of people thinking by promoting this.
Quote Reply
Re: Alcatraz Ask Me Anything [BenKanute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BenKanute wrote:
nbndtrain wrote:
Most see the iconic swim as the most challenging part of this race, what is your opinion of relative strain/difficulty between swim, bike, run?

It's so hard to rank which is the hardest. I think they are all similarly hard in their own way. One of the coolest things about Alcatraz is that on a normal day all 3 sports are pretty equal in time and difficulty. Makes for a very honest race.

Looking at the ST front page article, it looks like this was not a "normal day" for Alcatraz as you came out of the water in 21:23 for the 1.5 mi swim, or about 53.5 per 100 m. This is much faster than the men's WR for 1500 m, which 14:31 or about 58 sec per 100 m. Would you have liked the swim to have been more "normal", e.g. you come out around 30 min (1:15 per 100 m), so as to give you more of a lead on weaker swimmers???
Cheers, Eric.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply

Prev Next