Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: LeBron to Meet With Four Teams [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
I'm going to ignore the side discussion going on and just say: DON'T GO TO THE CELTICS! Boston fans don't want him, at least this one doesn't.

It has nothing to do with Lebron the player and everything to do with Lebron the GM/team manager (he's ostensibly picked his teammates, his coaches, his GM's, he RUNS whatever franchise he goes to) and the dynamics of the C's right now. Horford would HAVE to be gone, money-wise--not a big deal, if it means Lebron. But then Lebron and Gordon Hayward, how do they co-exist? I don't see it, so that means you have to figure out an alternative to Hayward and that would be a BAD look, after all he's been through this year--never mind Brad Stevens and he are incredibly close (since Stevens recruited him to Butler and has known him and his family since he was 14). And then what do you do about Kyrie, the superstar you just built your team around this past offseason who just forced his way off Lebron's team???

This would become Lebron + Tatum + Brown and some cast of characters behind them. No thanks! This team is set up to be competitive NOW, and has the foundation for 5+ years of competitive teams and more high draft picks on the horizon, there's zero reason for them to upset a good thing.
ie
While I don't want him to go to the celtics, It would be funny to see Kyrie's reaction.
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron to Meet With Four Teams [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
DJRed wrote:

But let's not pretend that, by virtue of the physical gifts he was born with, LeBron has things available to him that others don't. All NBA players are talented, but they all can't write their own ticket anywhere. His ability to write his own ticket increases his odds of success and improving his legacy, and creates wealth for future James' generations that will do nothing to earn that wealth.

I'm just making the observation that he (and his future bloodline) are privileged.

Ain't that just so cute. A Republican arguing against wealth passing down to generations that did nothing to earn it. Hmmmm. Like the Rockefellers, or Kennedys, or Bushs. Have you ever made the same argument against their passing down their wealth? Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson must really get your goat.

Likely, you aren't even accurate about Lebron's children. His oldest son will likely earn a huge fortune via his own efforts.

I'm not arguing anything. I made an observation. I offered zero opinion.

Love Magic and Michael.

Oh, and you bore me.
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron to Meet With Four Teams [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
http://www.msn.com/...r-AAyji6X?ocid=ientp

Having the ability to consistently team jump solely to expand success is the definition of privilege.

Lebron hater here. Is this your line of thought for any valued employee in the private sector? It’s kind of my definition of success. Proving your worth to an employer gains one some benefits. #MAGA

Sure, it's success. But let's not pretend that, by virtue of the physical gifts he was born with, LeBron has things available to him that others don't. All NBA players are talented, but they all can't write their own ticket anywhere. His ability to write his own ticket increases his odds of success and improving his legacy, and creates wealth for future James' generations that will do nothing to earn that wealth.

I'm just making the observation that he (and his future bloodline) are privileged.

Does it upset you that a black family is now privileged?

I am really struggling to understand your point.

Do you think that cops will pull over LBJs son less? Especially if he’s rolling in a Benz?

Go back and read the thread. I'm not the one who brought race into this.

You’re fucking kidding right?

This whole thread is about how ‘privileged’ LeBron is. Don’t try to pretend this isnt a rant about white privilege.

No rant. Never used white. Never used black.

Simple Question: Is LeBron privileged?

BLeP's answer is....
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron to Meet With Four Teams [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
http://www.msn.com/...r-AAyji6X?ocid=ientp

Having the ability to consistently team jump solely to expand success is the definition of privilege.

Lebron hater here. Is this your line of thought for any valued employee in the private sector? It’s kind of my definition of success. Proving your worth to an employer gains one some benefits. #MAGA

Sure, it's success. But let's not pretend that, by virtue of the physical gifts he was born with, LeBron has things available to him that others don't. All NBA players are talented, but they all can't write their own ticket anywhere. His ability to write his own ticket increases his odds of success and improving his legacy, and creates wealth for future James' generations that will do nothing to earn that wealth.

Does it upset you that a black family is now privileged?

I am really struggling to understand your point.

Do you think that cops will pull over LBJs son less? Especially if he’s rolling in a Benz?

Go back and read the thread. I'm not the one who brought race into this.

You’re fucking kidding right?

This whole thread is about how ‘privileged’ LeBron is. Don’t try to pretend this isnt a rant about white privilege.

BLeP's answer is....

Weak sauce. You make an inference with careful wording that gives you what you think is plausible deniability of any racial implications, but no-one's buying it.

Why even use the word "privilege" then? In what context are you using the word? What point are you trying to make?

Someone is really good at their craft, so they command lots of power to chose where they work and command a large salary. So what's your point?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

BLeP's answer is....

Congratulations, you deftly avoided using the words white and black while talking about a white vs. black issue.

No LBJ is not privileged as far as his career goes. He's absurdly talented and smart enough to sign short term deals so he can jump to another team if he so chooses.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:

BLeP's answer is....

No LBJ is not privileged as far as his career goes. He's absurdly talented and smart enough to sign short term deals so he can jump to another team if he so chooses.

Lebron has stated that he wanted short term contracts to always have the max deal, and keep some pressure on the team to go out and get better players. The downside has been they players don't want to come play with him unless they know he is staying. so one out of two isn't bad. I"m amazed that he can't get other players to come to him instead of him leaving. I'd like to see Chris Paul leave the rockets to go to cleveland
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron to Meet With Four Teams [Garry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garry wrote:
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:

BLeP's answer is....

Lebron has stated that he wanted short term contracts to always have the max deal, and keep some pressure on the team to go out and get better players. The downside has been they players don't want to come play with him unless they know he is staying. so one out of two isn't bad. I"m amazed that he can't get other players to come to him instead of him leaving. I'd like to see Chris Paul leave the rockets to go to cleveland

Yes, all of that, plus it gives him the option of leaving. He always signs a 1 year deal with a 1 year option. His option. At the end of any season he can walk.

That's not privilege. That is smart.

Other players can do this if they want. Most opt for long term deals and guaranteed money.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
DJRed wrote:

But let's not pretend that, by virtue of the physical gifts he was born with, LeBron has things available to him that others don't. All NBA players are talented, but they all can't write their own ticket anywhere. His ability to write his own ticket increases his odds of success and improving his legacy, and creates wealth for future James' generations that will do nothing to earn that wealth.

Ain't that just so cute. A Republican arguing against wealth passing down to generations that did nothing to earn it. Hmmmm. Like the Rockefellers, or Kennedys, or Bushs. Have you ever made the same argument against their passing down their wealth? Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson must really get your goat.

Likely, you aren't even accurate about Lebron's children. His oldest son will likely earn a huge fortune via his own efforts.

I'm not arguing anything. I made an observation. I offered zero opinion.

Love Magic and Michael.

Oh, and you bore me.

Bwahahaha. You must not know what a fucking opinion is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

BLeP's answer is....

Lets assume that I agree with you that he's privileged.

What is your point?

Quote Reply
Re: LeBron to Meet With Four Teams [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
For throwing shade at "lowly entertainers," I apologize. Not lowly in any way.

Looks like I read the wrong spin on your comment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:

BLeP's answer is....

What is your point?

My point is that it sucks for 98% of the rest of the NBA who has to play on the team they're on and can't team-jump to improve their chances to win titles. If LBJ goes to, say, Houston and wins 3 more titles, those titles will be forever spoken of as if it was an equal playing field between him and others in the NBA. How many titles did LeBron win? Kobe? Jordan? Wilt? Russell? It just becomes a number.

My point is that, while he might be the greatest player playing right now, he's asserting privilege in enhancing his legacy. On the most basic level, while he is miles better than any random NBA player, people talk as if he needs to get out of Cleveland so he can win more.

That's privilege. Simple. Not racial. Just privilege.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:

BLeP's answer is....

What is your point?

My point is that it sucks for 98% of the rest of the NBA who has to play on the team they're on and can't team-jump to improve their chances to win titles. If LBJ goes to, say, Houston and wins 3 more titles, those titles will be forever spoken of as if it was an equal playing field between him and others in the NBA. How many titles did LeBron win? Kobe? Jordan? Wilt? Russell? It just becomes a number.

My point is that, while he might be the greatest player playing right now, he's asserting privilege in enhancing his legacy. On the most basic level, while he is miles better than any random NBA player, people talk as if he needs to get out of Cleveland so he can win more.

That’s not privilege. It’s all laid out in the CBA. Any player can do what he’s doing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:

BLeP's answer is....

What is your point?

That’s not privilege. It’s all laid out in the CBA. Any player can do what he’s doing.

You mean any player as gifted as he is?

Or am I missing all the hubbub and speculation around where TJ McConnell and Omari Johnson are going to choose to play next year?

It's OK, you can say it. We all know. LeBron has an advantage others don't have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:

BLeP's answer is....

What is your point?

You mean any player as gifted as he is?

Or am I missing all the hubbub and speculation around where TJ McConnell and Omari Johnson are going to choose to play next year?

It's OK, you can say it. We all know. LeBron has an advantage others don't have.

Is that your hot take? The best players have more teams that would want them?

Holy shit.

Here’s my hot take: The sky is blue.

Quote Reply

Prev Next