Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sanders at Challenge
Quote | Reply
Are there any Sanders interviews out there where he speaks about either his new bike equipment and positioning and/or what happened with his swim at Samorin? Explanation? Fluke? Other?

Thanks!
Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders at Challenge [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some chat about the run here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3kZHEk-904

But nothing so far on the topics you raised.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it was on a triathlon Canada interview I heard him say he got psyched out by the non wetsuit swim. He was upset with himself and vowed not to let it happen again. I will update the post if I can find the link.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders at Challenge [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is swimming with a wetsuit really that much different? I mean I surf, so I have swam in after losing my board in a Hurley wetsuit. I have also swam in just baggies. I also dive and have swam around underwater in both.

Is there a difference in the "tri specific" wetsuits vs trisuit for an open water swim? I feel they are just more restricting and you have resistance when moving your shoulders. like wearing bands on your arms and doing resistance training...
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders at Challenge [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
is swimming with a wetsuit really that much different? I mean I surf, so I have swam in after losing my board in a Hurley wetsuit. I have also swam in just baggies. I also dive and have swam around underwater in both.

Is there a difference in the "tri specific" wetsuits vs trisuit for an open water swim? I feel they are just more restricting and you have resistance when moving your shoulders. like wearing bands on your arms and doing resistance training...

You're doing it wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders at Challenge [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiwi. wrote:
Twinkie wrote:

You're doing it wrong.

How so? maybe the more expensive ones are free through the shoulders but run of the mill are certainly more restrictive than no wet suit?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders at Challenge [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WD93LjI1ic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait wut
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your wetsuit is that restrictive you haven't put it on correctly, its not the right size, or its not a good suit.

Sure a wetsuit will be slightly more restrictive than no suit, but its more than offset by the bouyancy gains.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders at Challenge [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the GTN interview, it sounds like he raced smart. Not panicking on the bike with the big deficit but racing it smart. Hope he remembers this for the future!
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders at Challenge [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? I had the impression he did what he always does: Come from the swim with a deficit, put in the fastest bike split and then limps his way to victory in his unique style.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders at Challenge [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah he said after the race he pushed 10w more than his last race. He biked hard, it's just there was some decent euro cyclists up ahead
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About the swim: https://tri-mag.de/...der-vorkommen-145153

It is in German. First question. Google translate does a decent job:
"It was relatively wavy and the swimming was without wetsuit - but I do not want to look for excuses. The swimming was just catastrophic and I can not be satisfied with that. That I had to accept so much backlog on Sebastian Kienle in swimming, just can not be, after I've swum so often in the same group. This performance is frustrating and swimming will never happen again."
Quote Reply