Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running Tights/Shorts?
Quote | Reply
Question. I dislike running shorts. That liner sometimes just goes wonky and get uncomfortable on long runs. Also has no pockets.

Tri-suit is great. Side pockets for my phone on the hip (desoto) and I roll it down, tuck it in, throw a shirt on, and it looks like running shorts-ish. Avoids most odd looks. However - it does have that pad. Albeit functional, not the most comfortable.

Does anyone make tri shorts (without a pad) or running short tights that has a pocket that would carry a Pixel2 (iphone size)?
At this point - price is not a factor.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Tights/Shorts? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried running shorts that have compression tights on the inside instead of a liner? I have several pairs of nike and I think brooks, both brands have pockets which would fit an iPhone but the pocket isn't on the compression part but on the outside short part so it may flap around when you run. I also have a pair of love the pain compression running shorts with a pocket, but I wouldn't recommend love the pain unless you don't mind receiving your stuff for Christmas.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Tights/Shorts? [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya outside short would be a no go. The flapping around would cause a problem.

I could probably sew a custom pair by hand before love the pain sends me anything.

I think 2xu makes some but no pocket. Bioskin or something Ive seen but no reviews. Nike or Adidas may make one but cant find any. Hoping someone has already solved this problem for me haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar to Choy's suggestion, I cut the liner out of the running shorts and then wear a pair of compression shorts under them.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Tights/Shorts? [nicka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear compression shorts with shorter compression shorts underneath. I use them for everything other than biking and swimming. SpandexMan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try some of the running short tights from Lululemon... I like how they feel and they have pockets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
Question. I dislike running shorts. That liner sometimes just goes wonky and get uncomfortable on long runs. Also has no pockets.

Tri-suit is great. Side pockets for my phone on the hip (desoto) and I roll it down, tuck it in, throw a shirt on, and it looks like running shorts-ish. Avoids most odd looks. However - it does have that pad. Albeit functional, not the most comfortable.

Does anyone make tri shorts (without a pad) or running short tights that has a pocket that would carry a Pixel2 (iphone size)?
At this point - price is not a factor.

You are already using De Soto, don't they make shorts like that?? The Mobius Shorts have 4 pockets and a "Seamless 1-piece, 4-way stretch minimalist fleece pad provides comfort on the bike and goes unnoticed on the run". If you have never used shorts with a fleece pad, then I can assure you that it is barely a pad at all. It is more of a fuzzy, comfy zone for your sensitive areas with no obstruction. Plus, even though price is not an option, it is one of there less expensive models. I use these for most of my trainer rides and duathlon races.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Tights/Shorts? [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like those UA ones, Ill have to look into those more.

I didnt know about the desoto ones. Whenever they say "seamless" there is always a seam because a pad is sewn into it. BUT I will look into that. If it is seamless, then super awesome haha
Quote Reply
Re: Running Tights/Shorts? [toastygloveman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder if the Mobius shorts could comfortably hold an iPhone X - if so, they would be perfect!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check out Wolaco. They have compression shorts (really briefs) and pants that have side pockets built in. You might be comfy enough to wear them as your only layer (I'm not). I do wear them under other shorts with liners cut out when I want to take my phone/credit cards/etc along with me, works very well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just get a 'running belt' on Amazon that holds big phones. It's not a fanny pack, it's a thin but expandable belt with a zipper than can hold keys, phone ,etc. They work great, and are waterproof/sweatproof.

Once you have that you can choose from the vast selection of mens compression shorts. The moment you add that side pocket, your options go down drastically (to near zero)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have a look at these http://www.wiggle.co.nz/...-marathon-twin-short
they're a bit heavy for my taste but i like many aspects of them and they seem to match what you're looking for. lots of pockets including good ones on the sides of the inner liners
Quote Reply
Re: Running Tights/Shorts? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Just get a 'running belt' on Amazon that holds big phones. It's not a fanny pack, it's a thin but expandable belt with a zipper than can hold keys, phone ,etc. They work great, and are waterproof/sweatproof.

Once you have that you can choose from the vast selection of mens compression shorts. The moment you add that side pocket, your options go down drastically (to near zero)
I've tried a few different running belts (Spibelt and Flipbelt), but have always felt that over long runs, the compression from the band causes GI distress for me. Additionally, they always slide up and down and require readjusting, which is annoying. I'm using a Nathan handheld these days which is better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the New Balance half tight running shorts.

The newer models have zippers, not sure if the pocked will be big enough for what you are looking for, but as strictly a tight running short without the tri padding, these do the trick and have been my go to over the last few years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe the term you're looking for is "half tights" -- these are "tri shorts without padding"

I've been running in them for years when its below 50 deg. That said, I get chafing when I wear then more than 12 miles or so. Not an issue for race day, but showers suck after runs when you've chafed.

That said, few would fit a phone. Honestly, I usually just run with my Pixel 1 in my hand or get an armband.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Tights/Shorts? [JonathanNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JonathanNYC wrote:
lightheir wrote:

I've tried a few different running belts (Spibelt and Flipbelt), but have always felt that over long runs, the compression from the band causes GI distress for me. Additionally, they always slide up and down and require readjusting, which is annoying. I'm using a Nathan handheld these days which is better.

I have something like a Spibelt knockoff, I think.

Mine works surprisingly great. No fit problems for me, zero bouncing, and I barely notice my large phone when it's nestled in the curve of my back. I never have to readjust it during a run (in contrast to hydration belts which I find unwearable due to the constant repositioning needs.)

I've even done intervals at 6:00 pace with my belt, didn't even notice I was wearing it. Have also gone up to 12 miles, also no problemo, like it's not even there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like running in similar shorts. Just got a pair of the kiwami trail running shorts and they are amazing. Expensive but well worth it. If you don’t want compression, lulu lemon makes (or made, dunno if still available) asana shorts that are comfy and have big enough side pockets for a big phone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
Ya outside short would be a no go. The flapping around would cause a problem.

I could probably sew a custom pair by hand before love the pain sends me anything.

I think 2xu makes some but no pocket. Bioskin or something Ive seen but no reviews. Nike or Adidas may make one but cant find any. Hoping someone has already solved this problem for me haha

Was gonna say LTP has some great shorts if you want feel the pain or just are willing to forget you spent $800 worth of kit...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply