Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best way to stay in shape without S/B/R [endurancealex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mountaineering. Climbing. Scrambling. Hiking.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to stay in shape without S/B/R [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Robert Preston wrote:
CrossFit. It will turn you into a super athlete. Almost immediately.

This is a good reset. I challenge all of ST to do the Murphy work out. I think that one is one we all can do well in.

1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 deep squats
1 Mike run

With 20lb vest

I did 49 min, with both miles averaging 6:48. This is your mark , should be easy to beat

I'll be man enough to admit I can't beat that. And I further question whether I could complete it at all.

However, I firmly retain my right to make fun of CrossFit, because it's, well, CrossFit.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to stay in shape without S/B/R [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
synthetic wrote:
Robert Preston wrote:
CrossFit. It will turn you into a super athlete. Almost immediately.

This is a good reset. I challenge all of ST to do the Murphy work out. I think that one is one we all can do well in.

1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 deep squats
1 Mike run

With 20lb vest

I did 49 min, with both miles averaging 6:48. This is your mark , should be easy to beat

I'll be man enough to admit I can't beat that. And I further question whether I could complete it at all.

However, I firmly retain my right to make fun of CrossFit, because it's, well, CrossFit.

Also "pullups".
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to stay in shape without S/B/R [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely +1. The Concept2 will kick your ass as hard as you can take, and plenty more besides. It's a great investment and good complementary training when you're ready to go back to the S/B/R life.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to stay in shape without S/B/R [endurancealex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Manual labor. Cutting wood, landscaping that sort of stuff. Something where at the end of it you can look at what you did. Even if you do alot of SBR you may be really out of shape for it. BTW I love American Ninja Warrior. Also gardening can be a great core workout. Can't recall where I read it but hockey players who spent their summers on dad's farm usually came back to training camp very fit back in the day where farming involved manual labor.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Jun 7, 18 5:27
Quote Reply

Prev Next