Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: If you were going to hit someone with a golf club, which club would you choose? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thing:

Or just slap him with a club sock.
Quote Reply
Re: If you were going to hit someone with a golf club, which club would you choose? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think I've ever seriously mis-hit my 5 iron, so let's go with that.

I used to say that about my 7-iron. I was getting so dependent on it that I'd often pull it out even with zero chance of hitting the green, just so I could hit a good shot. One day I was in a good position with a legitimate 7-iron shot and proceeded to hit the ball in the water. I threw my club further than the ball went and it ended up in the small pond with the tip sticking up. I had to wade in to retrieve it.

I miss golf.

Quote Reply
Re: If you were going to hit someone with a golf club, which club would you choose? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I miss golf.

The most frustrating and most rewarding game you'll ever play. Often those two sensations are only minutes apart.
Quote Reply
Re: If you were going to hit someone with a golf club, which club would you choose? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely a 7

The extra length really allows you to power through but it's shirt enough to rewind and have another go

A 5 Is too long and would be awkward to rewind and have another go and 9 through lob whilst being easy to rewind, you just can't get the club head speed

Quote Reply
Re: If you were going to hit someone with a golf club, which club would you choose? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Go old school and pull out a 1-iron.

"Even GOD can't hit a 1-iron" - Lee Trevino

Full quote

"If you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron".

I had an extra stiff 2 wood think that would put a good hurt on someone

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: If you were going to hit someone with a golf club, which club would you choose? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Go old school and pull out a 1-iron.

"Even GOD can't hit a 1-iron" - Lee Trevino

That’s why you hold it up if you get caught in a lightning storm on course!

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: If you were going to hit someone with a golf club, which club would you choose? [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an extra stiff wood think that would put a good hurt on someone

FIFY

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have deferred to Tiger's ex.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one here who's been smacked (HARD!) by a golf club?

In my case, I was about 12 or 13, and it was a 5-iron, wielded by a slightly spastic neighborhood kid. A few of us were messing around on a vacant lot, and for some reason I've long forgotten Eddie wound up and smacked me hard in the shin. I went down like the proverbial ton of bricks. I would've liked to kill him, but every time I tried to stand up my leg collapsed, and I fell right back down again. It probably took 5 minutes before I could stand up and hobble home.

I attest that a 5-iron, deftly wielded, will raise a most remarkable lump on a shin. Only an inch wide, but damn near as tall.
Quote Reply

Prev Next