Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike Epic React Flyknit compared to Pegasus
Quote | Reply
Has anyone switched to Epic Flyknit from the Pegasus? What are your thoughts?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Epic React Flyknit compared to Pegasus [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Completely different shoes, check YouTube for Jamison he did a compare and contrast. The React is super soft yet responsive and crazy light. The Pegasus is just responsive but has an uneven feel to it given the separate zoom pockets. The new 35 has one unit and I haven’t run in it. The uppers are also SO different, if you like a locked in feeling to your upper don’t go Flyknit but if your good with some wiggle room and stretch the Flyknit is great. The React foam takes all vibration away and is really a smooth ride like nothing I’ve ever run in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be careful about wearing the Epic Reacts in a hot race where you are going to be dumping water or ice on yourself. I wore them for 70.3 Hawaii, and the Flyknit uppers absorbed water like sponges. I wound up with some pretty nasty blisters (which I never get) on the bottoms of my toes from the soaking wetness.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Epic React Flyknit compared to Pegasus [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Epic reacts also require more foot strength.. They may be a 10mm drop but they are still a bit minimalist. There is no flywire so less lateral stability and not a ton of front to back either.

Is a great shoe, but I use it as a training tool. I don't use them every day, but do a couple times a week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the epic react flyknit on and they felt tight as I have a wide foot and high arch. I then went to nike zoom fly. I used them for about two weeks and they felt too stiff for my style of running. I just bought the nike pegasus 35 and I am liking those so far
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Epic React Flyknit compared to Pegasus [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a high arch and wide foot but the Flyknit really stretches out after a couple of wears. I really want to try the new Pegasus but rumours around the Pegasus Turbo have me waiting...

dl1340 wrote:
I tried the epic react flyknit on and they felt tight as I have a wide foot and high arch. I then went to nike zoom fly. I used them for about two weeks and they felt too stiff for my style of running. I just bought the nike pegasus 35 and I am liking those so far
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The flyknit is definately better otherwise the title would've been the Nike Epic React Fly Pegasus vs Nike Knit shoe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll preface this with the fact that I work at Nike - want to be transparent about that. The below is my personal opinion/experience only.

As some have pointed out, the two shoes are different and provide varying benefits. I have never liked running in a "soft" shoe before, but do find Reacts to be the best "soft" shoe I've run in. On the flip side, I have lingering achilles issues from my old running days and too many miles in React tend to flare that up a bit, likely due to the lower drop and my running style. My personal experience is these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever run in, but I can't use them as daily trainers.

I use the Peg as my daily trainer and love the updates in the 35 (full length upper being the biggest). I find the ride/transition much smoother in this iteration vs. the 34 or other previous models. Compared to the Reacts, the Peg is 'firm' and more responsive. The shape of the heel upper also alleviates any rubbing on the previous mentioned achilles, which has been a nice bonus for me. The upper has a bit more structure to it vs. React as well (as many have pointed out).

I know a lot of people who run in both, myself included. Which is better is a matter of preference, but i think they are both solid for what they provide.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Epic React Flyknit compared to Pegasus [ahaberkorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info guys. The peg turbo sounds interesting if real.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply