Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do I cheaply/ easily display my P1 pedal info outside?
Quote | Reply
 Bear with me, and type slowly and loudly so I can understand what you are saying.

I got PowerTap power pedals (left only) this winter. Indoor training is great - they work well with a TrainerRoad.

How do I most easily get my watts for outside riding/ racing? I use a TomTom watch for most things, but pretty sure it won’t sync with the pedals.

I’m having trouble making them cooperate with the PowerTap app, but I assume that could work eventually. Problem is, I don’t know if I can use my phone during races like Nationals, and furthermore I don’t think I want to.

Does this mean I need a head unit?

It means I need a head unit, doesn’t it.

What is a reasonable thing that would cooperate with my pedals and not cost a lot?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: How do I cheaply/ easily display my P1 pedal info outside? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:

Does this mean I need a head unit?

It means I need a head unit, doesn’t it.

What is a reasonable thing that would cooperate with my pedals and not cost a lot?

Yes

Not sure what reasonable is, I use a Garmin 920. Need ANT +
Quote Reply
Re: How do I cheaply/ easily display my P1 pedal info outside? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gps watches are not always the greatest at maintaining connections with power meters. Maybe a used Garmin Edge 500. Depends on your budget. Lezyne Super gps is $150
Last edited by: mickison: Jun 5, 18 19:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Find a used Garmin 500 for around $75. Plentiful, cheap, reliable and you won't have to mess with your phone.
Quote Reply
Re: How do I cheaply/ easily display my P1 pedal info outside? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 500 looks like it would be all I needed, and around $75 works just fine. Thanks all!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: How do I cheaply/ easily display my P1 pedal info outside? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alternatively something like a Garmin 910XT multisport watch can be had for cheap used and will work perfectly fine.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply