Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump cancels Eagles visit [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure his legs just didn't need a break from carrying around so much heft? Big boy.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump cancels Eagles visit [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Screw 'em.
I don't understand why our society is so against giving repentant people a second chance. I'm not excusing the guys behavior but Michael Vick grew up in a culture where he was exposed to animal fighting at a young age and it was considered normal. The guy lost almost all his money and paid his debt to society by serving time in jail.

I don't know, ask Jim@LOTO. I suspect he supports repentance, but he has to carefully run each instance through a partisan political filter.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump cancels Eagles visit [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
So 90% of the Eagles decided that the team visit to the White House wasn't important and ditched it.

Pretty sure you know that's not why they "ditched it."

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
So 90% of the Eagles decided that the team visit to the White House wasn't important and ditched it. When Trump cancels the event since the majority of the team didn't care - people get upset?

I've long voiced my dislike for Trump, but this one is on the Eagles. Those invites are meant to honor the team, not the President. The team made a statement.

As to Trump's excuse - it was an attempt to save face that fell on its face. He would have been better off to say that if the majority of the team did not want to attend, he would simply cancel it and leave it at that.
What about all the Eagles fans who were planning to go and how disappointed they were going to be?

(It doesn't sound like there were many Eagles fans (or anyone else) there, though.)

"The “thousands” of people on hand for the “Celebration of America” includes, by my count, one #Eagles hat"

"The next chapter in the WH v Eagles drama...who were those people on the South Lawn for the "Celebration of America" event? Were they Eagles fans? From Philly? @alex_mallin reports many had WH badges tucked into jackets & shirts"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eagles-fans-show-up-to-white-house-man-kneels-during-anthem-at-trumps-america-celebration/ar-AAygDxc?li=BBnba9I

From what I've heard/read about Eagles fans, the photos make it look like it was a pretty quiet "crowd".

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
So 90% of the Eagles decided that the team visit to the White House wasn't important and ditched it. When Trump cancels the event since the majority of the team didn't care - people get upset?

I've long voiced my dislike for Trump, but this one is on the Eagles. Those invites are meant to honor the team, not the President. The team made a statement.

As to Trump's excuse - it was an attempt to save face that fell on its face. He would have been better off to say that if the majority of the team did not want to attend, he would simply cancel it and leave it at that.

What about the Eagles that were going to show up? Why did Trump disrespect them?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump cancels Eagles visit [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The White House said sorry, done and instead held a "God Bless America" type rally.

How can people be so naive they they fall for this kind of thing?

They have the smokescreen down to an art form.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
He would have been better off to say that if the majority of the team did not want to attend, he would simply cancel it and leave it at that.

I would have treated the 10% to the full off-the-chain Trump experience. Fly 'em out to the yacht. Russian hookers. Whole deal. The Eagles know a thing or two about yacht partjes...
Quote Reply
Re: Trump cancels Eagles visit [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
The Philadelphia Eagles. The team that once hired a player who engaged in dog fighting, and killed dogs with his bare hands.

Screw 'em.

I don't understand why our society is so against giving repentant people a second chance. I'm not excusing the guys behavior but Michael Vick grew up in a culture where he was exposed to animal fighting at a young age and it was considered normal. The guy lost almost all his money and paid his debt to society by serving time in jail.

This.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Trump cancels Eagles visit [jw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jw13 wrote:
In all seriousness, I think this is the last paid job she'll ever have, at least in the states. Who would ever hire her? If she learns Russian, maybe she'll have a future.

Stunning amount of hubris to write this line, "In other words, the vast majority of the Eagles team decided to abandon their fans."

Really. You think you think a politician has the power to drive a wedge between the Eagles and Eagles fans at this particular point in the Eagles' timeline. Right.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump cancels Eagles visit [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to CNN, only one Eagles player was confirmed to attend the event (Nick Foles).

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Really. You think you think a politician has the power to drive a wedge between the Eagles and Eagles fans at this particular point in the Eagles' timeline. Right.

No force on Earth, or beyond Earth could do that, right now

If Thanos killed half the NFL, the Eagles lineup would be intact

Also, much love from around ALL football fans for the Eagles - even deepest sworn foes like Cowboys fans, Giants fans, and Patriots fans tweeted "I'm an Eagles fan today"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Trump cancels Eagles visit [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
The guy is a complete asshole.

Its bad enough that he cancels the invite, but then he goes and throws the team under a bus while lying about it. These aren't politicians. They're fucking private citizens.

How on Earth does this guy have a 40% approval rating?!

Because everyone hates Philly!
Quote Reply
Re: Trump cancels Eagles visit [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
BarryP wrote:
The guy is a complete asshole.

Its bad enough that he cancels the invite, but then he goes and throws the team under a bus while lying about it. These aren't politicians. They're fucking private citizens.

How on Earth does this guy have a 40% approval rating?!

Because everyone hates Philly!

Cue Jason Kelce in Mummers costume meme..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
jw13 wrote:

In all seriousness, I think this is the last paid job she'll ever have, at least in the states. Who would ever hire her? If she learns Russian, maybe she'll have a future.

Stunning amount of hubris to write this line, "In other words, the vast majority of the Eagles team decided to abandon their fans."

That's not her point, of course. The point is to show Trump as a "winner" to his base, even if she has to lie to do it. I doubt much of his base would see through it.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump cancels Eagles visit [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

That's not her point, of course. The point is to show Trump as a "winner" to his base, even if she has to lie to do it. I doubt much of his base would see through it.

Yeah, I get that. But even The Base (tm) has to have its limits of credibility? Right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But even The Base (tm) has to have its limits of credibility? Right?

You must be new around here.

Quote Reply

Prev Next