Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arm Chair Coaches, Critique My Summer Training Plan
Quote | Reply
Full time swimmer, part time triathlete here. After a couple summers of making it up a I went along, usually with too much intensity and not enough frequency/volume, I've put together a weekly training plan for this summer. My objective is to peak for a mid-September Sprint before going back to training for short course swim season.

Here's a snapshot of my weekly schedule

On the runs, I'm subscribing to the BarryP plan. I started with short/Medium/Long being 10/20/30 minutes. I've been adding a 1/2/3 minutes a week. As this is week 4, I'm currently at 13/26/39 minutes. I expect I'll keep adding time until I get to 20/40/60. My best race pace on a 5k to finish a sprint last year was 8:00/mile. I'm currently running +/- 10:30/mile on the short and long runs, and +/- 9:20 on the "tempo" runs.

On the bike, "Medium" is 40-60 minutes at a moderate+ intensity (roughly zone 4), Sprint Spin Class is 30 minutes of hard-core, Zone 5 HIIT +5 mins of warm up and 5 min of cool down. Long is currently ~90 minutes at light to moderate intensity (zone 3-ish), and will probably grow to 2-2.5 hours as I regain bike stamina.

Total swim yardage will be in the neighborhood of 8k yards, much of it mile race pace intervals.

What say you, my part-time peers?

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Arm Chair Coaches, Critique My Summer Training Plan [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a near carbon copy of my current week. Except I don't do a spin class or zone5 HIIT stuff. In other words, "brilliant!"
Quote Reply