Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [andy tetmeyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andy tetmeyer wrote:
The plus discs are most certainly tubeless ready. The older 23mm C2 rims do not have a tubeless ready rim.

Any tips or best practices for making the tape airtight and getting a good seal throughout? Seemed kind of crinkly when I installed it (even with tension on it, applying slowly the whole way).

I'm going to switch my Disc + and 6 + to tubeless after getting a puncture in warm-ups right before the start of the CA state TTT. Raced with air dropping in the rear, luckily it was a slow leak and I finished without it going completely flat, phew! :)

I've been running tubeless on my road bike with C24 TL's, but that's a different animal. No experience running tubeless with Hed + wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [Super D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it does go on crinkly.
You can inflate a tube in your tire for a few minutes to overnight. That will flatten it nicely, or just stick it down with your thumb which works for me.

Andy Tetmeyer (I work at HED)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andy tetmeyer wrote:
it does go on crinkly.
You can inflate a tube in your tire for a few minutes to overnight. That will flatten it nicely, or just stick it down with your thumb which works for me.

I've been running latex tubes, so I'm guessing it should be pretty well pressed down already since the tube expands with heat to add even a little extra pressure?

I'll do my regular tire-seating high-pressure boost, then will remove the valve core, squirt the sealant in, reinstall core, roll the wheels, then bounce-roll, then ride and see how it goes. Looking forward to riding these tubeless. That unexpected tube puncture was actually something on my mind before the race, and sure enough, it happened. Got to try to eliminate that variable. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Andy. I have just been running through your videos on youtube.

I know the conti attack 22 comes as the recommended tyre for 9+ rims. However, do you have any recommendations for tubeless for triahtlon on the 9+ disc?

Would it be the corsa speed 23 or is there anything that has tested better?
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [msrixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: GatorRacer: Jun 27, 18 14:27
Quote Reply

Prev Next