Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Training Location [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lanzarote. Club la santa. Favourite of patrick lange and lucy charles.

All the facilities you could dream of amazing cycling and running and open water swimming if needed. Bit windy tho

Easy to get to from the uk but is a pita to get to from the us i understand
Quote Reply
Re: Best Training Location [Greg R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg R wrote:
Money is unlimited... New Zealand...

I live in CDA and you can train your balls off here pretty efficienly here. But I have always wanted to go to NZ....

Might need skis in July/August in NZ in some areas. Now if you're talking Dec/Jan - Perfect! NZ is awesome.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best Training Location [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fort Collins, CO.

The main pool is 50m all day on Thursday, Friday, Saturday. The rest of the time, between the Edora and Mulberry pools, 25y/22.81m lanes will be wide open all day from the first week of the month. Plus, a group of us swim open water on Tuesday and Wednesday morning, and there is a group that swims OW and cycles after on W afternoon. Water temp right now is 74/24c.

Cycling: 20mins from either pool and the mountains start abruptly. State Law in Colorado is that drivers MUST give cyclists 5' clearance on a pass. You'll be very safe.

Local breweries.

Fort Collins is about 50miles/85km from the Denver airport. Denver is easier to get to than any other city on this list.

Altitude of the city and pools is 5000'/1600m. The swimming lake is at 5600'/1780m.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Training Location [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
140triguy wrote:
Fort Collins, CO. .

Don't go spreading that around to everyone. I prefer that people continue to think overcrowded, overpriced, pretentious, over-hyped Boulder is better ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Training Location [Jimi Sendrix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're totally right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greenville, SC - home to George Hincapie. We have pools, lakes, hills, flats, 10 miles of running trails, etc.

Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Best Training Location [ret123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bend, Oregon, "No Beer though". You're joking right?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Training Location [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bend, Oregon, "No Beer though". You're joking right?

They must have been.

Some of the best beer I've ever had has been in my one trip to Bend a few years ago!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The highest per capita concentration of Breweries in the U.S. is Bend, Oregon. In fact, the city just voted to limit that number to the current total of 35. It's too great a demand on the water supply. For a new brewery to open it has to replace one going out.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Training Location [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes-if you are blindfolded and sent walking down the street, you will end up in a brewery or coffee shop.

At times, the air quality can drop due to forest fires, seemingly more so recently. But that is complete hit or miss.
Last edited by: ret123: Jul 28, 18 16:56
Quote Reply
Re: Best Training Location [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for Tremblant

Lake is mark with distance. Half or full IM.

IM Cycling course is open all summer.

International site....

Martin
Last edited by: mchampoux99: Jul 28, 18 19:43
Quote Reply
Re: Best Training Location [mchampoux99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hardly doubt Lanzarote, la playita is a good tip for July August. This is Africa clima. Jan/feb is perfect. Mallorca March/April. In Europe the alps are just perfect at that time of the year. Swim in open water, for instance Lago di Garda. No way I would look for a pool if I could swim in a lake like this.
Quote Reply

Prev Next