Quote | Reply
BryanD, cmon. You sleeping today???

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...iterium-du-dauphine/

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New Venge Disc [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Venge Disc has been out for a year or more. Maybe it's an update I don't know.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jun 4, 18 13:51
Quote Reply
Re: New Venge Disc [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
The Venge Disc has been out for a year or more. Maybe it's an update I don't know.

They just added disc calipers to the original rim Vias model a year ago.
This one is totally redesigned.

Look at that seatpost A-junction box!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is cool! Bring on the next Shiv!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

This is probably faster than the Shiv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
BryanD, cmon. You sleeping today???

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...iterium-du-dauphine/

It looks very similar to the SL6 Tarmac which might be the best all around road bike on the market today. Not a huge fan of the threaded BB either.
Quote Reply
Re: New Venge Disc [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron wrote:
Not a huge fan of the threaded BB either.

As someone who wrenches on bikes quite regularly, I am very much a fan of threaded BBs.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As somebody who has heavily invested in BB30, 4 bikes, and a nice bearing press with zero issues i don't want a threaded BB. So SL6 for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cleanest front brake cable routing of any disc bike yet. Ten points to Griffindor!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Venge Disc [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume you've seen the new Cannondale aero disc brake bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is the first time in my life I’ve heard someone say they prefer PF over threaded. Wow.
Quote Reply
Re: New Venge Disc [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kyle h wrote:
That is the first time in my life I’ve heard someone say they prefer PF over threaded. Wow.

I have not had issues with specialized bikes, my old caad10 had creaking problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
As somebody who has heavily invested in BB30, 4 bikes, and a nice bearing press with zero issues i don't want a threaded BB. So SL6 for me.

I have lots of BB30 stuff as well, but I would be totally OK going back to the good old days of threaded BBs. The only good thing about the PF30 standard was all the warranty frames I got because the BB shell wallowed out.
Quote Reply
Re: New Venge Disc [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I assume you've seen the new Cannondale aero disc brake bike?

Not technically "aero bikes" but the BMC bikes have pretty good routing as well. I believe the Wilier does too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

It's quite obvious at this point that aero road bikes are a far higher priority for the big S than tri bikes. I suppose at some point we'll see a new tri Shiv but they've sure taken their sweet time with it, it's now 7 years old. And of course the UCI Shiv is even longer in the tooth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Ron wrote:

As someone who wrenches on bikes quite regularly, I am very much a fan of threaded BBs.

x1000
Quote Reply
Re: New Venge Disc [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s most likely a press in bottom bracket with an adapter like Praxis to make it work with Dura Ace cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: New Venge Disc [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized wouldn’t build the 321 Disc wheel optimized for 26mm tires if something new wasn’t on the way. I have hope we will see a new Shiv TT and Shiv Tri this year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know its fast but I don't like to look at it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
BryanD wrote:

They just added disc calipers to the original rim Vias model a year ago.
This one is totally redesigned.

Look at that seatpost A-junction box!

Ya it looks like a complete redesign to me. I am curious about the weight. The original Vias was surprisingly heavy. Something like 1.5 lbs more than a Madone and the Madone had all metal brakes compared to the carbon ones on the Venge and the Isospeed.

My other question is going to be price. They never made a lower end caliper frame and the disc frame was pretty stripped down. The Vias just didn't compete with Madone or new Giant on price-features.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Ron wrote:

So i took a closer look at the picture and it is a normal BB30 with a shimano conversion system.
Quote Reply