Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Now the REAL survey is up... PLEASE TAKE IT!
Quote | Reply
to those who took the beta version and offered feedback, thanks. there's still a little bit of clumsy wording in this finished version, but it's fairly tight. the survey is here. i'd be obliged if you'd take it. it should take between 5 and 10 minutes.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Jun 4, 18 10:13
Quote Reply
Re: Now the REAL survey is up [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done. Little bit 'merica centric, but I guess that was the point (I don't care about USAT points, but I do care about qualifying races to GB AG teams).
Quote Reply
Re: Now the REAL survey is up [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done,

I noticed the link on the front page. You may want to make the announcement a bit more prominent. How many Forum users know there's a front page let alone visit it regularly :-)?
Quote Reply
Re: Now the REAL survey is up [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
Done,

I noticed the link on the front page. You may want to make the announcement a bit more prominent. How many Forum users know there's a front page let alone visit it regularly :-)?

Agreed.
Quote Reply
Re: Now the REAL survey is up [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done!
Quote Reply
Re: Now the REAL survey is up... PLEASE TAKE IT! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn’t include aqua bike so should I answer as what distance I would do for that or none?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Now the REAL survey is up... PLEASE TAKE IT! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Doesn’t include aqua bike so should I answer as what distance I would do for that or none?

good point and sorry we didn't include the obvious aquabike category. Aquabike is in the row as Duathlon in the three matrix-style questions

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Jun 4, 18 11:56
Quote Reply
Re: Now the REAL survey is up... PLEASE TAKE IT! [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
ironclm wrote:

good point and sorry we didn't include the obvious aquabike category. Aquabike is in the row as Duathlon in the three matrix-style questions

looking forward to results and response from the tri conference heads to this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Next survey could you put in a question about how important age group drug testing is for competitors so that race directors would at the least know what the athletes think. Maybe an extra $10 per entry for more extensive testing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done, that survey was too long!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
to those who took the beta version and offered feedback, thanks. there's still a little bit of clumsy wording in this finished version, but it's fairly tight. the survey is here. i'd be obliged if you'd take it. it should take between 5 and 10 minutes.

Done. Euro American. Try calling a guy from Texas that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done.

I noticed some of the questions about courses were asked separately. For example:

1 loop
closed to cars
more course marshals
flat course

Sometimes these things are a tradeoff. If you have a 1 loop course, it might be harder to close it to cars or harder to get the frequency of course marshals desired.

It would be interesting to have a question where people rank these in order of preference -- meaning, if there's a conflict, you would prefer the higher item on your list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for being a driving force in the sport!
Survey completed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I answered 24, I thought it said 'Attractiveness of race volunteers' so I ranked that quite high, even though I had never really considered it before.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done.

Couple notes:

On the importance of the weekend day the race takes place on, it depends on the length of the race. For a full distance, or even most 70.3s, it won't matter to me. But I'm less likely to do sprints or olys on a Sunday, especially if I'm traveling more than an hour.

On the fees that don't show up until you get to the end of registration, it depends on the type and amount of the fees. If it's the typical Active.com $10 or so fee, or the USAT fees, I expect those and think they're reasonable. If there's some oddball $25 fee on top of a $125 fee for an oly, I might not register, but I'd definitely be aggravated.

On the attributes that are most important when registering for the race, my top two weren't options: 1) local support, and 2) attractiveness of the venue for non-racing family and friends. Good crowds, good vendors at the expo, and locals getting into it are a huge factor for me. It's also much, much, much easier for me to commit the family to taking a trip for a race if there are plenty of things for them to do and see. It's a boring venue, then it's more difficult to justify the expense. I think a lot of that comes down to effectively advertising the local attractions on the race's website.
Quote Reply
Re: Now the REAL survey is up... PLEASE TAKE IT! [NOLAgrouper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Survey completed! Thanks for your work!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for asking! Took me 17 minutes and I had got about halfway through a couple of days ago before having to stop because of another commitment.

Question 23 took me the longest to answer. Ist choice was rep of RD, 2nd choice was price of registration fee, but had difficult time making third choice. Ended up going with not IM branded, but that was basically because of the IM registration fees.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jun 8, 18 7:18
Quote Reply
Re: Now the REAL survey is up... PLEASE TAKE IT! [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That survey is very long...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
done. I'm used to long(ish) surveys, and, to get good data that's what it takes. It'll be interesting to tease apart the differences in responses by age. Being old; I'm sure responses that differ greatly from the younger folks will find our opinions go to the scrapheap of history. sigh...

now get off my lawn!

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply