Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Classic P2C 2007 Headset discontinued??
Quote | Reply
Bought a Cervelo P2C Frameset and just found out from my lbs that the headset from FSA that fits it is long discontinued and they cant find a replacement. Bike will not be rideable otherwise!

Does anyone know where I can find one? I'm in Toronto.

P2C is the blue and black one .

edit: This is not a bearing problem -> the frameset has no bearing
Last edited by: joshtri: Jun 4, 18 14:21
Quote Reply
Re: Classic P2C 2007 Headset discontinued?? [joshtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ummm that doesn’t sound right at all. I don’t think there was anything special about that headset it was just a standard headset. It was the same in the p3, p4, etc if I remember correctly.

FSA May have discontinued their oem one but I’m sure cane creek or any of the other headset makers still have one that fits.

Edit: someone can verify this I don’t have those bikes anymore but i think it was the standard IS2 headset. There are about a million on ebay.
Last edited by: Grant.Reuter: Jun 4, 18 5:56
Quote Reply
Re: Classic P2C 2007 Headset discontinued?? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm thanks,

I dropped it off at MEC and they told me that they needed to order it special off someone in the UK for me and that it would be months to ship...

Apparently something to do with the headset being a weird size.
Last edited by: joshtri: Jun 4, 18 5:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why you taking it to MEC? I like MEC for a lot of stuff, and I buy plenty of cycling stuff from them but I wouldn't consider them an LBS. At least not the MEC in Halifax.

Take it to one of the Cervelo dealers in the city, there are plenty of them

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just looked on Cervelos Website. They’re still specing the p2 with FSA is2 on their new models.

If you had a p2 sl I could see that being a hard one toget since that had a small headset but not the p2c
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My P3C is a bit of a later model (2012 - last production run before the NP3 came out) but as far as I can tell it is bog standard IS2 stuff which you can get almost anywhere. Basically any 36 x 45 bearing set for a 1 1/8" steerer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi joshtri,

As others have pointed out, there is nothing special about the P2C headset. It uses a fairly common 1 1/8" headset with 36° x 45° bearings. Cervélo retailers should have these available. The spec at that time would have likely been the Orbit IS FSA headset which appears to still be on the FSA site if you wanted that same one.

Cheers,

Jakub

Quote Reply
Re: Classic P2C 2007 Headset discontinued?? [TheJakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to see my memory isn’t completely going yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most likely you just need to change the bearing which are very standard item. No reason for the other parts of the headset to wear out.
It is an integrated headset so there are not many parts on top of bearing. A cone and a dust cover. If you lose those 2 parts you can take them on any 1/8 headset and it will work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw that frame on Kijiji. IIRC, the seller was taking 'bids' last week. What did you end up paying for it?

As others have said, this should be a relatively easy headset to figure out. All cervelo bikes (and many other brands) up to 2013 were using the same style headset, so there's nothing unique or hard-to-source about this headset.

If you're short on time, there are plenty of Cervelo dealers in T.O.. Take it to Wheels on Bloor and they'll fix you up in no time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is most certainly a headset available for you somewhere. You can use the Cane Creek Headset database to identify what you need:

https://blue.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

Quote Reply