Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alcatraz virgin no more
Quote | Reply
I’ve been doing triathlons for almost 30 years and never got around to Alcatraz until today. Can see why it’s iconic and unique seems everyone is there for a communal fun time.
Super well organized yet low key and good swag
Electric energy on the ferry packed with 1800 athletes
Bracing and disorienting swim with swells and rare views of golden gate.
Super hilly winding bike on some pretty rough pavement.
Stunning run on trails and beach around the bridge.
All on picture perfect day in the Bay Area
Grateful to be able to do it
Quote Reply
Re: Alcatraz virgin no more [jla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! I hope to do this race but it seems to get a bad wrap for the entry fee. Is the swim that daunting? Are there below average swimmers that survive? Haha
Quote Reply
Re: Alcatraz virgin no more [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well worth the money. One of handful of best races in the entire world - maybe the best race in the world - and a life experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrat's! It was a great day yesterday. Price is high and there have been some complaints, but it is well produced by IMG, and an expensive race to put on right. It is certainly at least a once-in-a-lifetime race to do. Fortunately I live nearby and have completed it now 6-times, including yesterday. The swim is always a challenge, even in great conditions like yesterday. I would highly recommend this race, and of course there are many other things to do while you are in the SF Bay Area!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While it is expensive, I don't think there is another race that can compare. I missed this year due to injury (they allow deferrals btw), but watched from the sidelines and it made my heart hurt. It is my favorite race for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did this race back in mid 80's. There were only a few of us then. No wetsuits allowed.
I will always remember it as a life changing event.
Quote Reply