Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AWESOME RESPONSE! Thank you all for your input and options. I have plenty to choose from now and some I haven't thought/heard of. I am going to give it my best shot to try if not most but a lot of the options mentioned.

My feet thank you, my wife won't! STer's are the best.
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KG6 wrote:
Quote:
Swiftwick I don't like at all. They are hot and not uncomfortable but feel not different then a pair of Hanes tube socks.

Which Swiftwick socks are you wearing??? I'm in the Aspire. Definitely not hot for me (I'm running in Houston TX) and they are pretty thin, so I don't see how one can make the comparison to tube socks. They do make different types of socks, some thicker than others. The Aspire line is the thinnest I believe.

As far as the price, I've had one pair develop a hole over the last 3 years. I sent Swiftwick and email since the hole happened within the first 3 uses. They sent me another pair at no charge. Must have just been a defect.

TBH I don't know off hand. You are probably correct in that the Swiftwick socks that I have probably aren't the aspire. That being the case, it isn't fair to say that they are a "bad" sock to run in. My mother in law being well intentioned when getting them for me for a present probably didn't double check what she was buying and just grabbed them.

I will say they are a comfortable sock to wear. They just get HOT on my feet. I am willing to bet they are one of their "heavier" weight socks that just don't breath like the aspire. I will check them out when I get home. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
Asics Quick Lyte. The lightest, most comfortable socks I've found. As a bonus they're super cheap and go on sale all the time. I usually find them for $10-12 for a 3-pack. I've tried all the expensive brands and I keep coming back to the Asics.
Yep, these are great... and have spoiled me, in that I can't stand wearing thicker socks anymore. One thing I've found is they seem to shrink a little, so if you're between sizes I'd say go up.
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
Could be the shoes. More and more are going to mesh. Even altras have all mesh uppers and are great sans socks.

It's not the shoes. I am running in the same style of shoe (Saucony Fastwitch and Kinvara) that I have for the last 4-5yrs. Yes, the uppers materials change over time, these shoes have been very consistent in their materials and I have never noticed a heat retention this bad before.

Case in point, I ran this morning 8+miles in my injinji socks and my feet felt as cool on mile one as they did at mile 8.
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
Asics Quick Lyte. The lightest, most comfortable socks I've found. As a bonus they're super cheap and go on sale all the time. I usually find them for $10-12 for a 3-pack. I've tried all the expensive brands and I keep coming back to the Asics.

I'm happy with whatever sox I get from Target, but with an asics outlet not far away, I could try these out [plus, they'd match my asics shoes]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like you found your solution. Congrats and happy running!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seconded the responses for Balega - Specifically Hidden Comfort is all I wear. No complaints, no problems ever.
Quote Reply

Prev Next