Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit in pool
Quote | Reply
I’ve always been a terrible transition guy, and I wanted to run a controlled speed test for time. That means a day in the pool for my wetsuit. Will chlorine really hurt it that much? Or will a good washing keep things solid?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit in pool [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suit will be just fine with a good rinse
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Rinse it thoroughly when you're done and you should have no issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are in an indoor pool your're going to get really hot depending on how long you plan on wearing it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
I’ve always been a terrible transition guy, and I wanted to run a controlled speed test for time. That means a day in the pool for my wetsuit. Will chlorine really hurt it that much? Or will a good washing keep things solid?

There's a guy at my pool who swims in his wetsuit (Xterra) EVERY DAMN DAY. Never swims without it. He takes it into the shower...I assume he rinses it in there. Once isn't gonna do squat.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit in pool [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True this! I usually do two or three of my routine ~3K yard indoor pool swim workouts in my wetsuit ahead of a race. My indoor pool is 82°F - 83°F. It is toasty in a wetsuit. When I push off the wall, I get some water ingress around my neck and wrists. It feels like cooling heaven that courses across my body. I never feel overheated, even though I am swimming harder than race pace. Though, it sure feels good to get out of that suit after a workout.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two weeks leading up to any race I do I start wearing mine in the pool (4-6 swims on it during that time). I have had it for 3 seasons now and no issues with mine - I do thoroughly rinse it out afterwords and yes I am the guy simulating race stripping of the wetsuit when my swim is done :)
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit in pool [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teddygram wrote:
I am the guy simulating race stripping of the wetsuit when my swim is done
Huge ditto to this also! When I pool swim in my wetsuit, I always pretend that I am stripping it off as in a race. I think I may be the only one at that pool who ever swims in a wetsuit, because the looks as I enter, swim, and rip it off are priceless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it once a few weeks ago to test out my new wetsuit before my first race of the season. I managed ~400 yards in it before I was cooking. I hopped out, practiced stripping it in T1, and then got back in and finished the rest of the workout. I rinsed it out in the shower afterwards.
Quote Reply