Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Barkley Marathon: Where Dreams Go To Die [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but I will never understand the need for parents to throw their baby up and down, especially when sleep-deprived.
Quote Reply
Re: Barkley Marathon: Where Dreams Go To Die [JGell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some hardy souls here in Aotearoa have recently come up with our very own answer to the Barkley...The Revenant. http://www.revenant.co.nz/

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Barkley Marathon: Where Dreams Go To Die [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mongooseman wrote:
Some hardy souls here in Aotearoa have recently come up with our very own answer to the Barkley...The Revenant. http://www.revenant.co.nz/

Wow!!! This looks fascinating and very difficult. I've been to Queenstown and the area is beautiful. Unfortunately, I don't believe this would allow time to enjoy the surroundings and will be a test of how much are you willing to suffer (16,000m)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked the original documentary and will watch this one too, but would never want to do such a event myself, not even with the legs of Gary Robbins :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Loved the Ethan's documentary and admire Gary's perseverance. However, it seems the crux for Gary is/was running without a partner on unmarked trails, perhaps lacking self-sufficient orienteering skills, etc. (This was the same situation during his first attempt as well.)

Can anyone speak to this?
Quote Reply
Re: Barkley Marathon: Where Dreams Go To Die [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
The actual documentary is good, "The Race that Eats Its Young". Wife loved it.

Yes. The original documentary from maybe 2012 is excellent. It is available on Amazon Prime. Here is a link to the trailer:
Quote Reply

Prev Next