Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which Dash saddle?
Quote | Reply
I'm intrigued by the cult-like following for the Dash saddles, and am tempted to give one a try but I'm not sure which one to try. I'm currently riding a Specialized Power Arc saddle (143mm), and it's OK, but the cutout isn't large enough (I'm still getting some numbness), and the nose isn't quite wide enough. I'm not the type of rider that rides way out on the nose of a saddle with my junk hanging out. I like to sit back a bit on the saddle, which is why I suspect I like the Power Arc more than most people here do for a tri bike. I briefly tried an ISM PR2.0 and HATED it.

So, I'm looking at the Dash offerings, and it looks like the Strike 9 has a shape similar to the Power Arc, but with a much wider channel and slightly wider nose. I'm tempted to give one a try, but I'd love to hear from anyone here that has ridden a Power Arc and can compare it to any of the Dash offerings.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Which Dash saddle? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Arc on my road bike and like it very much there. Don't like it when I lay down on the handlebars in an "aero position" on it though, too much pressure. I've had the TT9 and a Strike 9. The strike is the narrowest saddle if I remember correctly, but it flares out quite a lot to acommodate sitting upright. I didn't get to test it too much on my tribike as the rails had cracks so I exchanged it for a new Stage9 that I'm receiving on friday. For TT bike I would certainly go the Stage9/TT9 route, but if you can ride the Power in an aero position, you would most likely be comfortable on the Strike. I guess it depends a lot on how "aggressive" you're set up. I find it harder and harder to get "the right saddle" the lower the drop. I just can't get comfortable on a ISM.. but all the Dash saddles seems to be way more accommodating.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Dash saddle? [hhetland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plus on a road bike the strike 9 is wonderful, for me. great for sitting up and getting low

i have the strike 9 on both TT and road bikes. I'd say the channel could maybe be a little wider, but don't have any issues as-is
Quote Reply