Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Calamityjane88
Last edited by: Calamityjane88: May 29, 18 15:04
Re: Chula Vista Half [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've not done it, but read on previous threads nothing but bad things. personally I'm a game time decision, might make it a training day...happy to hear other opinions.
Quote Reply
Re: Chula Vista Half v Superfrog [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not recommend CVC due to the bike course alone. The bike course is on terrible roads that tend to accumulate a lot of debris. They are also pretty chewed up in certain sections. Plus, you're guaranteed at least 1 lap of racing with the newbies doing their sprint triathlon which can be a hazard on a lot of the narrow sections of the bike course. I took a pretty good crash when someone ran over 3 cones in front of me and they all bounced around the road and one rolled straight into my wheel.

The rest of CVC is perfectly fine and I've done other Koz events which have been considerably better.
Quote Reply
Re: Chula Vista Half v Superfrog [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well that's settled - I'm out. TriRock was bad enough last year on the bike course, resulting in me crashing out on a massive pothole at mile 8. I have no desire to take another ambo ride to the ER...
Quote Reply
Re: Chula Vista Half v Superfrog [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Chula_Vista_Challenge_-_San_Diego_P6225905/?search_string=chula%20vista%20challenge#p6225905

My thoughts are in the above post from last year. Would not do CVC again unless they changed the bike course.

Here is also an entertaining thread on a blatant cheater from last year (still unbelievable!):

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Chula_Vista_Challenge_Cheater_P6395536/?search_string=chula%20vista%20challenge#p6395536

Never done Superfrog.
Last edited by: yrebetta: May 29, 18 16:45
Quote Reply