Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stanley Cup finals
Quote | Reply
Great game lots of scoring, if the rest of the series is like this we are in for a real treat..
Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, what a time to fan on the shot!

Very entertaining game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Four lead changes, first time its ever happened in the Final.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Four lead changes, first time its ever happened in the Final.

Yes sir, lots of back and forth action, ups and downs, Vegas up, no Washington takes the lead, but wait, Vegas comes back, 10 goals in all. Where is everyone, this is awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom Wilson should be suspended. Guarantee he won't be. Why? Because Marcheassault (SP?) didn't' get hurt.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a little late but not a penalty they’ll call in the playoffs. Definitely not a suspension it was a completely clean hit from a checking standpoint You can’t watch your pass like that he completely stopped skating. If he would have kept skating he wouldn’t have got hit or it wouldn’t have looked nearly as bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't like Wilson but he kept his shoulder low and hit Marchessault just below his shoulder, feet stayed planted on the ice and no targeting the head. Mike Rupp had some good insight on NHL Network postgame where he said having been in disciplinary hearings with the league during his own playing days, the standard they used for a late hit was 0.8 seconds - Wilson's hit last night was at 0.75 seconds so borderline late if they hold to the same standard. Marchessault did get caught admiring the pass while moving into open ice, and as you mentioned had he kept driving his feet to the net might have avoided the hit. I don't think it should be a suspension but wouldn't be surprised if there was one (or a fine) where similar to guys like Marchand, Raffi Torres, Matt Cooke etc, Wilson has developed a reputation and could get tagged as a repeat offender.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
It was a little late but not a penalty they’ll call in the playoffs. Definitely not a suspension it was a completely clean hit from a checking standpoint You can’t watch your pass like that he completely stopped skating. If he would have kept skating he wouldn’t have got hit or it wouldn’t have looked nearly as bad.

Dirty hits aren't only to the head. Late blind-side is just as dangerous, when you're not expecting to be hit you're not braced for it, all kinds of bad stuff can happen.

I don't think it's a suspension, personally, but definitely deserved a penalty and maybe even a double. The problem is that Wilson is always toeing the line, already was suspended in these playoffs adn three times this year so he doesn't deserve any slack.

Fun game, and the funny thing is I figured if Vegas wins the series it'd mean Fleury was still standing on his head. 6-4, and Vegas keeps rolling...I know nothing, and Vegas is somehow winning the Cup, incredible.
Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on what Brian said it’s not technically late by the timing the department of player non-safety uses.

So it wasn’t late, he didn’t target the head, he didn’t leave his feet, he hit shoulder to shoulder. That’s about as textbook of a hit as you can give.

Just because someone gets hurt doesn’t mean it’s an illegal hit. If you don’t want to get hit like that pull your head out of your ass and stop looking where you passed the puck and keep your feet moving.

If he was facing Wilson he still would have got crushed because he stopped skating. It’s hockey, you can get hurt by getting hit it’s the nature of the game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holtby's save last night was ridiculous, not just that he was able to get the paddle down to block the shot but also to get it down strong enough to control any potential rebound. Tim Thomas had one like that in 2011 that helped pivot a game on the Bruins way to winning the Cup. Even if Holtby stopped the initial shot but gave up the rebound it's a tie game with just under two minutes left and potentially a huge momentum swing for Vegas.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah man the playoffs in general have been great. This is going to be an awesome series!

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally the Capitals goalie makes the wtf stop instead of having it done to them.
Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another fun game last night.

We were spectating at Dirty Kanza bike race last night so missed the pregame and first period. Supposedly they talked to George Brett - did anyone see that and why him since he’s a Kansas City Royal and Kansas City doesn’t have a hockey team.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The coverage I watched had no George Bret. Maybe I was too zoned in on all things Caps. Hoping here for the fun to continue. Enjoy the entertainment and competition. Wait, Pat Sajak sort of looks like George. He did the player intros.
Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
The coverage I watched had no George Bret. Maybe I was too zoned in on all things Caps. Hoping here for the fun to continue. Enjoy the entertainment and competition. Wait, Pat Sajak sort of looks like George. He did the player intros.

I actually found the interview on nhl.com. He actually owns a minor-league hockey team in Spokane Washington and was asked if you wanted to go in on the Vegas ownership but he declined. He was invited to a cup final game since he never been to one in was really loving it.

I used to have the biggest crush on him. But boy his hard partying days have aged him!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleury is no longer the hot goalie he was. I wouldn't say he is playing bad, but he but he is giving up a lot more goals than I thought he would.

Capitals are looking really good in all facets. I am impressed at Wilson's ability to take all of the cheap shots and not take the bait and retaliate. I really didn't see this coming.
Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [Dan Os Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Os Fan wrote:
Fleury is no longer the hot goalie he was. I wouldn't say he is playing bad, but he but he is giving up a lot more goals than I thought he would.

Capitals are looking really good in all facets. I am impressed at Wilson's ability to take all of the cheap shots and not take the bait and retaliate. I really didn't see this coming.

There's a reason Pittsburgh protected Murray and not Fleury, Fleury has a bad habit of choking in the playoffs, also not saying they had an easy road to the finals but they are now up against a real team who are very hungry for a Cup and will do most anything to get it, 20 blocked shots last night, nuff said, Vegas doesn't have a chance .
Last edited by: 50+: Jun 5, 18 7:30
Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [Dan Os Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleury looked human last night but the Caps also looked like a team on a mission. Crisp tic-tac-toe passing and guys getting to the front of the net turned into goals. In addition to the blocked shots, Neal hitting the post when they were putting some good sustained pressure on the Caps during the first period PP was huge.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A dominating performance for the Caps, congrats to them and well done!!
Lets see how well Vegas does next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stanley cup is my favorite trophy. Love the history behind it ! The tradition and all that good stuff.

Watching the presentation I am stuck thinking WTF did the 3rd dressed goalie come from ?!?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Stanley Cup finals [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the TJ Oshie interview was heart breaking

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A very Happy Fathers Day Mr Oshie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually the healthy scratches/extra guys called up for the playoffs watch the third period from the locker room as they get dressed in order to be ready for the ceremony. Started happening in recent years where they used to just come down from the press box in suits.

Great back and forth game last night, especially in the second period. The raw emotion from Ovechkin at the end was captured by NBC as you could hear him sobbing as he and Nick Backstrom embraced along the glass.

Quote Reply