Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman louisville 2018
Quote | Reply
I'm doing Ironman louisville in october. My wife is wondering where the best locations to spectate and locate me on the swim, bike, and run are? We have a 6 year old that will be traveling with us as well. Is there a shuttle? And multiple chances to see on the bike and run. This is my 5th ironman but first louisville race. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman louisville 2018 [Bigkat34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bigkat34 wrote:
I'm doing Ironman louisville in october. My wife is wondering where the best locations to spectate and locate me on the swim, bike, and run are? We have a 6 year old that will be traveling with us as well. Is there a shuttle? And multiple chances to see on the bike and run. This is my 5th ironman but first louisville race. Thanks

Yes there is a shuttle out to La Grange in years past which is where the spectators are on the bike. For the swim I would say the swim start or exit, those are really the only options but probably won't see much at either. For the run, anywhere downtown really. All of this is very close and within a pretty short walking distance all things considered. Happy training :)

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman louisville 2018 [Bigkat34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How motivated is your wife? I saw my wife and 3 kids (all under 6) 11 times in 2017 at IM LOU. She is pro level Ironman fan...even with some help from family with the kids.

-Swim Start
-Swim Finish
-Quick run over to Bike Out
-LaGrange x2
-Drove from Lagrange to corner of L'espirit parkway and 153 to view x2
-4x on run - around downtown turnaround loop and finish
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman louisville 2018 [Vermej1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vermej1 wrote:
How motivated is your wife? I saw my wife and 3 kids (all under 6) 11 times in 2017 at IM LOU. She is pro level Ironman fan...even with some help from family with the kids.

-Swim Start
-Swim Finish
-LaGrange x2

My family has done the same, but sub in Oldham County High School for LaGrange. She can get there by getting off I-71 at the KY 146 exit and heading east -- turn into the school complex before you get to KY 393 (the bike course comes south on 393 and turns east onto 146 towards LaGrange -- so don't go to 393). Work your way through to the parking lot that fronts on 393 and you are good to go. 393 there is a bit of a false flat, so your athlete won't be zooming by. And you can jump right back in your car (no long walk) head back west on 146 to I-71, go north to Sligo exit (past Lagrange exit) turn left on 153 to L'Espirit. L'Espirit is up hill here, so another non-zooming cheering opportunity.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman louisville 2018 [Vermej1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vermej1 wrote:

-Swim Start
-Swim Finish
-LaGrange x2

I've spectated Louisville as well, and all of this is correct. Great race for spectating. I would only say that with a little one, I'd maybe skip the Swim Start. There's not much to see, and it's a good walk to the swim finish. You may be better off letting them sleep in a bit and show up for the swim finish. I drove to LaGrange...did not use the shuttle. It's very easy to get to. If they haven't spectated before, I'd make sure they remember to take a notepad with a pen to jot down times. It's easy to forget those things and when spectating, it's a huge help to know that your athlete will come by at approximately "3:10-3:17" versus "between 3 and 3:30 and oh crap did we miss him?".
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman louisville 2018 [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All great information. Thanks for the replies. My wife and daughter are huge tri fans in general and will look for every chance to see me over thr course. Appreciate it!
Quote Reply