Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

advice needed for ankle injury
Quote | Reply
I hurt my ankle last week- not sure what happened but it just began to ache. It wasn't bad so I went for a long bike ride the next day. Riding actually made it feel a little better. It still hurt the next day a little, but I ran a race on it anyway after taking advil (I know I probably shouldn't have run on it, or taken advil just before the race, but it seemed ok to run on). Ever since the race it has been hurting quite a bit. I have a sprint tri and a half marathon this week, and then a half ironman the following week. So, I am looking for a quick remedy so I can do these races. Anyone have any advice?

I have heard the acronym RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) but does anyone else know any other strategies? Any particular type of wrap that works good? Recommended anti-inflammatory drugs/cremes etc you have had good luck with?
Quote Reply
Re: advice needed for ankle injury [CTYankee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no quick remedy. At best you could skip the sprint and the half marathon and maybe do the half ironman.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: advice needed for ankle injury [CTYankee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you actually sprain it? Does it hurt all the time like when you walk on it or only when you run on it?
Quote Reply
Re: advice needed for ankle injury [CraigAllenSmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not even sure how I hurt it. It only hurts when I run/walk on it. But I think its getting better- managed to run on it today with just a little discomfort. I think it will be fine in another day or so.
Last edited by: CTYankee: May 29, 18 17:21
Quote Reply