Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed Concept transport bag, tips and tricks
Quote | Reply
So, my transport case loaner KQ yesterday in Lanzarote and now I have to source another one....

Any recommendations for a Speed Concept?

How far down do you have to disassemble to nicely fit in your bag of choice? Any tips or tricks ?(I'm also a new SC owner just building it up at the moment, changing over from more traditional P2C)

Thanks a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept transport bag, tips and tricks [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like my Scicon Aerocomfort bag. I know many Pros use it and the Timex team used it for their Trek SC's also. Some on here have had bad luck. My friends any I have used my bag 20+ times now with good results. I think you can now get them on Walmart.com for $320.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rented this one from a local bike shop to travel with my Speed Concept to a race last year-

https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/luggage/bike-travel-cases/thule-roundtrip-transition-_-1683469

It was awesome. The built-in bike rack is really cool and makes it a lot easier to put it back together. Plus we were able to fit so much gear and clothes around the bike, we were able to take one less suit case.

For taking a SC in this bag it's pretty easy. Of course wheels off and in the supplied bag. Seat post off. The base bar is detached by three bolts. Then use lots of foam and zip tie those to the frame. Easy peasy

That being said, I was still jealous of my friends who used that Scicon Aerocomfort bag for our trip. They just pulled the bike out and put the wheels on. I've got a few races to fly to next year and I'll probably get one of those bags.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to the airport, look out the windows, and watch the luggage handlers for about 15 minutes. Then decide if you want to put your $x,000 bike in a bag. I can not recommend strongly enough that you get a hard case. The Scicon hard case is solid. You only have to take the bars off, which isn’t that much work. You can pack/unpack in less than 30 minutes.

Quote | Reply
Get a hard case like the Scicon Aerotech Evolution. For the speed concept you just have to remove the mono riser, pull the front brake wedge, and turn the base bar sideways. I always recommend removing the rear derailleur.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m packing mine up now for the first time. I’m using the bike box from Premier Bikes and really happy with it. Taking it all apart and packing didn’t take much more than a half hour and that was with doing some cleaning. My bike may be easier than some due to the 1x etap setup, connex chain link, and the mono plug in with zipp extensions. But even with mechanical drivetrain this box would be great for the s/c. Check it out, Dan is great to deal with too.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept transport bag, tips and tricks [CamCom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you think depending on size and how high the seat is, that the seat post can remain in/on the bike with this bike case or do you definitely have to take it off? And do you only remove the 3 bolts that hold the base bar to remove it sideways a bit?

I suppose there is no hard bike case for a Speed Concept that only requires the wheels to be taken out?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept transport bag, tips and tricks [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can leave the seatpost in place and prefer to do so when possible as an added layer of protection for the frame. This still fits a large frame into a Helium case. I do have to remove the extensions completely to make it fit. I pull the three bottom bolts from the basebar thereby removing the extensions and then allowing the basebar to fall down to the side. Remove rear derailleur, add the rear frame spacer and I'm done.
Quote Reply