Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Age Grouper almost wins Lanzarote?
Quote | Reply
Am I reading the tracker correctly that shows a female AG second overall and within minutes of Lucy Gossge (who is more than a solid female pro). Not the deepest field but still appears to be some result if that is the case.

On separate note this has to be one of the toughest IM's based on top times - handful of pro men breaking 9hrs. It would be awesome to see all the top guys go at it on a course like that. If they ever had the World Champs outside of kona it would get my vote !. And suspect we won't see many "drafting disaster" threads about this race :)
Quote Reply
Re: Age Grouper almost wins Lanzarote? [Canuck1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simone is a class act - she won the AG race at 70.3 World's last year (overall), by five minutes. Has two previous Umeke bowls from Kona too (she was Simone Dailey, prior to her wedding last year). Had lots of injury issues 2014-2016, but has been healthy and consistent with her training for the last 18 months.

Certainly her best result to date - but isn't especially unexpected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And Lucy Gossage is working full time as an oncologist. So the top two women who won likely both have full time jobs. Impressive

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Age Grouper almost wins Lanzarote? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huge, huge respect to both women.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is also, as far as I am aware (and based on ironman's tracker), the only Ironman where pro's do not get any time based head start. Merely a few meters up the beach.

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply