Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skechers GoRun Ultra R2 an alternative the HokaOne Clifton and other "cushioned" shoes
Quote | Reply
Just arrived at my location. A lightweight cushioned shoe with a semi-curved last sole. The HokaOne semi-straight lasted sole doesn't feel as good. Wearing sockless without any issue. Only 275 grams for size 12 shoe which is slight less than the HokaOne Clayton. Will place into my shoe rotation. Unknown durability

Quote Reply
Re: Skechers GoRun Ultra R2 an alternative the HokaOne Clifton and other "cushioned" shoes [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running in both the ultra's & clifton 4's at the moment - find the Cliftons firmer & a bit more 'clunky' than the Ultra's. Can't say either of them are soft - the Ultra version 1 were softer & I preferred those for longer runs. U2's feel lighter - doubt I'll be getting more than 350miles out of a skechers however.
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers GoRun Ultra R2 an alternative the HokaOne Clifton and other "cushioned" shoes [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the GoRun Ride 7.

Billyk24 wrote:
Just arrived at my location. A lightweight cushioned shoe with a semi-curved last sole. The HokaOne semi-straight lasted sole doesn't feel as good. Wearing sockless without any issue. Only 275 grams for size 12 shoe which is slight less than the HokaOne Clayton. Will place into my shoe rotation. Unknown durability

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really loved the Skechers for about 20 miles, then they were shot! Got another pair; same thing!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers GoRun Ultra R2 an alternative the HokaOne Clifton and other "cushioned" shoes [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Try the GoRun Ride 7.

How do they compare to the Ultra's then?
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers GoRun Ultra R2 an alternative the HokaOne Clifton and other "cushioned" shoes [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you mean by they were ‘shot’?
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers GoRun Ultra R2 an alternative the HokaOne Clifton and other "cushioned" shoes [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friesen wrote:

Can't speak for Sweeney, but the cushion on the 3 pairs I tried disappeared quickly. Maybe 20 miles is an exaggeration, but there was a noticeable drop in cushion on my pairs well below 100 miles.
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers GoRun Ultra R2 an alternative the HokaOne Clifton and other "cushioned" shoes [pvolb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did a little over 9 miles right out of the box and in barefoot without issue. The Clifton has a pronounced arch rocker that one rides over, I don't have that sensation in the Ultra R2. Note: Skechers may have dropped the Ultra R2 model for the rest of 2018.
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers GoRun Ultra R2 an alternative the HokaOne Clifton and other "cushioned" shoes [pvolb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pvolb wrote:
friesen wrote:

Can't speak for Sweeney, but the cushion on the 3 pairs I tried disappeared quickly. Maybe 20 miles is an exaggeration, but there was a noticeable drop in cushion on my pairs well below 100 miles.
Interesting, I've had the opposite experience with my ultra2. At first they felt firm but after about 50mi they started to feel softer and more squishy.
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers GoRun Ultra R2 an alternative the HokaOne Clifton and other "cushioned" shoes [Ijustrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ijustrun wrote:
pvolb wrote:
friesen wrote:

Interesting, I've had the opposite experience with my ultra2. At first they felt firm but after about 50mi they started to feel softer and more squishy.

x2 on that. Same with the Clifton 4, but they're still a bit wooden feeling even with 200miles on them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pvolb wrote:
friesen wrote:

And they got lumpy feeling. If twenty miles was an exaggeration, it still wasn't more than 30. I used them only for sprint and olympic races. I liked how easy it was to get them on. I didn't like that they did't last a season of sprints.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply