Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Problem with Cervelo P3 + Flo Wheels + Conti TT 25mm Tires [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I've ridden it a bunch. I was just fine tuning the rear dropout screws because the rear wheel wasn't on quite straight when I took a close look at it.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with Cervelo P3 + Flo Wheels + Conti TT 25mm Tires [Don_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! You’re lucky. How much space do you have between the tire and the down tube ?

Don_W wrote:
Yeah I've ridden it a bunch. I was just fine tuning the rear dropout screws because the rear wheel wasn't on quite straight when I took a close look at it.
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with Cervelo P3 + Flo Wheels + Conti TT 25mm Tires [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't measured it but it looks plenty clear in back (to my eyes). To be honest, the front tire looks tighter to me than the rear one. I'll be keeping a close eye on it based on what I've seen others post on this subject.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with Cervelo P3 + Flo Wheels + Conti TT 25mm Tires [Don_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya I mean the front wheel, I’ve got about 1-2mm clearance.

Don_W wrote:
I haven't measured it but it looks plenty clear in back (to my eyes). To be honest, the front tire looks tighter to me than the rear one. I'll be keeping a close eye on it based on what I've seen others post on this subject.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I ended up buying 23mm Conti TT's and changed the front to 23s and kept the 25s in the rear, after adjusting the dropouts screws. Clearance inthe front has improved dramatically! The rear seems much better too. Hopefully after a couple of runs it will remain good. Fingers crossed :)

Alex M
Last edited by: AlexM370: May 31, 18 9:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Don - having the same issue with the rear tire for my P2 (same model/year as yours). I'm using the same set-up as yours, 25mm continental 4000 S2 and Flo 60s. Did your P2 come with the dropout screws? What other adjustments did you do? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with Cervelo P3 + Flo Wheels + Conti TT 25mm Tires [ivanwho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I no longer have my P3 but when I did I was having the same issues with those wheels and tires I could fit 25 but as things started to heat up and expand I would get rubbing but I had no issues running the Conti 23s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you ever develop any rub or other issues in the front? I just mounted Pro One 25's on my 7.8's and it seems there enough daylight (~2mm) between the tire and the tube. Fork clearance seems to be at least that, maybe 3-4mm. Just wondering if you ran into issues after using for a while.
Last edited by: lenny07: Sep 21, 18 6:06
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with Cervelo P3 + Flo Wheels + Conti TT 25mm Tires [AlexM370] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlexM370 wrote:
So, I ended up buying 23mm Conti TT's and changed the front to 23s and kept the 25s in the rear, after adjusting the dropouts screws. Clearance inthe front has improved dramatically! The rear seems much better too. Hopefully after a couple of runs it will remain good. Fingers crossed :)

I've been using the 23mm Conti TT tires this year on my P2. Not a single clearance issue to deal with and I have new Flo disc at the back. Even better is that the TT tires have a significantly lower (better) crr than what you were previously using. I don't 'feel' much of a difference during rides, but I certainly have 'noted' an improvement in my 40k TT times.
Quote Reply

Prev Next