Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nose covering mask for swim
Quote | Reply
One of my races is in a lake that is known for blue-green algae. Last year I was sick 2 weeks after the race. Been looking at a way to keep water out of my sinuses this year. A face mask similar to what the Navy SEALs wear would work well. Anyone got one they like?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Nose covering mask for swim [prefersdirt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could nose plugs be an option for you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year I used a nose clip to keep salt water out of my nose while swimming in the ocean in Israel. The salt water really irritated my mucous membranes. It burned like hell.

I did find that it worked better upside down.

Search "swimming nose clip". There's tons. I got the speedo version...it was all they had at the store in Tel-Aviv within walking distance of my hotel. Dunno if there are better options.

ETA: I found that really cleaning all the oil off my skin with an alcohol swab and the pads on the clip really helps it stay in place.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: May 25, 18 9:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I get stuffed up sinuses for at least 24 hrs after an ows. It's miserable. Your bet is a nose clip, like others have suggested. It takes a little getting used to. I don't even notice wearing it now and I don't have the sinus issues anymore. I use the Speedo Liquid Comfort clip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never used them, but they are supposed to be pretty good, and you do not have to worry about the clip slipping off the nose.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00GAAJGCW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you racing where you can be exposed to BGA? Around her that stuff will shut down a swimming area in a heart beat. It is not good stuff to have internal exposure.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

We make a mask called the Aqua Sphere Sphera mask, that adds the nose cover to our Seal 2.0 swimming mask.

This will likely take some getting used to, as you should be exhaling out of your nose when you are swimming. A nose clip might be a better option.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply