Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: direct drive erg mode always the small ring? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've not had a problem with a Direto is this regard. I've just looked at my last TrainerRoad session which had recoveries at 120W. I averaged around 72rpm as a slow recovery spin between intervals with a 55/14 gearing.

FWIW I changed from a Road Machine to the Direto last November and have been more than happy with it. Noise isn't an issue for me as I'm in a shed at the bottom of the garden!
Quote Reply
Re: direct drive erg mode always the small ring? [JulianM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
55/14, beast!!
Quote Reply
Re: direct drive erg mode always the small ring? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
Is there any smart trainer that can use erg mode just fine with the big chain ring? That is a bit more price friendly than a kikr? I exclusively use trainerroad and like the virtual power curve it gives for the KK and was hoping for a similar curve amongst the big dogs, but with the usefulness of erg mode.

The best value would be a pre-owned Kickr Gen 1 if you can find one.

RE: ERG mode and gear selection. It does matter on trainers such as the Kickr. At around 5:24 into this video is the visuals of what occurs at he same power, same cadence, using different gear ratios: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHUOhmG04M8 *This is different on things like the Direto and Flux that have different power floors/etc as already discussed in this thread.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: direct drive erg mode always the small ring? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks Shane, sounds like the kikr has a good ability to hit those lower power numbers (and higher numbers) in the 53!
Quote Reply

Prev Next