Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 Mont-Tremblant 2018
Quote | Reply
Race is in 4 weeks.

Talk to me about things to see or do in Tremblant as I have never. Looks aboslutely stunning there. I'm also going to spend a day/night in montreal after the race. Anything I need to check out while in Montreal? Bonus points to anyone that recommends good food.

As far as the race, anything I need to know about the course? With the sprint/5150 going on Saturday, will I be able to get any riding done on the course on Saturday? Gearing wise, an 11-25 with a 53/39 seems to be the right fit unless I'm missing something as I don't see much over 10-11% grade.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: May 25, 18 4:17
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Mont-Tremblant 2018 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of Thread already on Tremblant, you can search for both 70.3 and full as the courses are the same.

Start with this one:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/Lifestyle/A_70.3_Mt_Tremblant_primer_3701.html

1 change this year is the swim exit, it will now come out in straight line with the transition cutting about 150m run...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The race venue/area is absolutely amazing! I've raced there 4x - two IM and two HIM. I hope that you are staying in the village at the base of the ski mountain. If you are, you simply park your car and can easily get around by foot for the 3-4 days you're there.

Gearing wise, I used an 11-25 for the 70.3 races, but an 11-26 for the two IM's. I was around 3.7 w/kg for the halves and 3.2 w/kg IM's. The only real steep sections are on the out and back after passing transition at the end of each loop. There are definitely some punchy climbs in there where I was over 400 watts in the 70.3 races and tried to hold around or just under FTP in the IM.

The run course is deceptively hilly for the first and last 5k of each loop. The trail in the woods is nicely shaded and a very slight downhill on the way out to the turn-around.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Mont-Tremblant 2018 [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
Lots of Thread already on Tremblant, you can search for both 70.3 and full as the courses are the same.

Start with this one:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/Lifestyle/A_70.3_Mt_Tremblant_primer_3701.html

1 change this year is the swim exit, it will now come out in straight line with the transition cutting about 150m run...

Marc, thanks for that info! So the exit is not at the mini beach now?

Steve, you can't go wrong with spending some time in Montreal!!! Too many things to do there which are in line with what normal people do vs triathletes (bars, concerts, arts, sporting events, restaurants). Just make sure you stay right downtown!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Mont-Tremblant 2018 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct swim exit will be in straight line with transition. They built a custom new exit and path this spring!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Mont-Tremblant 2018 [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's good....for the full IM relay, does the swimmer exchange with the biker at his/her bike? Do relay guys swim wiith the rest of the rolling start?

Anyone over 50 want to do a training marathon for fun??? I got a swimmer and biker (target for first 2 legs is sub 60 and 5:00)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sunday the 24th is St-Jean-Baptiste day which is a provincial holiday, very much celebrated by French Canadians. There are some huge concerts and parties.

I will probably be in Tremblant for race weekend and probably going back to downtown Mtl on the 25th. I live downtown in Mtl, on the mountain. I could give you some ideas if you tell me what you like.

I suspect lots will be closed because it will be holiday. When the 24th falls on a Sunday, everyone gets Monday off.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Mont-Tremblant 2018 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Sunday the 24th is St-Jean-Baptiste day which is a provincial holiday, very much celebrated by French Canadians. There are some huge concerts and parties.

I will probably be in Tremblant for race weekend and probably going back to downtown Mtl on the 25th. I live downtown in Mtl, on the mountain. I could give you some ideas if you tell me what you like.

I suspect lots will be closed because it will be holiday. When the 24th falls on a Sunday, everyone gets Monday off.

So here is the question-"Traffic on 15" how will it be on Friday late morning and on Monday? A few times over the last few years I almost turned around and called it a day...I played a fair amount of hockey up there in Montreal and Laval, but on those days the traffic was BRUTAL...Thinking of spending Thur night in Montreal to visit some of the old "haunts"...
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Mont-Tremblant 2018 [pots4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pots4 wrote:
So here is the question-"Traffic on 15" how will it be on Friday late morning and on Monday? A few times over the last few years I almost turned around and called it a day...I played a fair amount of hockey up there in Montreal and Laval, but on those days the traffic was BRUTAL...Thinking of spending Thur night in Montreal to visit some of the old "haunts"...

I would guess that Friday, late morning and Monday late morning are probably the best times to travel. On Friday it will get bad early afternoon until after 7PM. Same for Monday late afternoon as people come back from the long weekend. Just guessing. Good maps is your friend.
Quote Reply