Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sunweb Cervelo
Quote | Reply
If the rumours are true and Sunweb will be on Cervelos next year does this mean a new TT machine might emerge?

Having the world TT champ and strong GC contender might create a bit of motivation. Maybe a road version of the GB track bike would be nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunweb Cervelo [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No more giants?
Quote Reply
Re: Sunweb Cervelo [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently Giant may be sponsoring Team BMC...

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/...g-say-sources-380358
Quote Reply
Re: Sunweb Cervelo [Stevie_A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m trying to picture cav sprinting on a bianchi
Quote Reply
Re: Sunweb Cervelo [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
I’m trying to picture cav sprinting on a bianchi

Sorry... couldn’t help myself.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Sunweb Cervelo [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P5 is still as fast as anything out there.
A 'P5-GB' would be a good compromise for 'if it ain't broke...'.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunweb Cervelo [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True but Icam sure there are still some marginal gains that would make it quicker. The track bike's integrated stem at least looks cleaner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
boing wrote:
If the rumours are true and Sunweb will be on Cervelos next year does this mean a new TT machine might emerge?

Having the world TT champ and strong GC contender might create a bit of motivation. Maybe a road version of the GB track bike would be nice.

With the momentum of disc brakes, it's likely that there will be a new TT bike regardless of the team they sponsor, at least that's my guess. If the team/riders don't want to use whatever has disc brakes, the P5 will be a great rim brake option but I doubt there'll be a new bike that offers both.

Either way, not sure this is a good thing for Cervelo or not - probably neutral, a WT team is a WT team. From a results standpoint, they've gotten very little out of Team Dimension Data over the last couple of seasons so that might be an improvement. They still have to capitalize and market the team/riders to their advantage, which they haven't done a great job of that in my opinion. Right now, they have one of the most recognizable riders in the peloton, and they haven't particularly exploited that. I know he's crashed and hurt himself regularly since last year's tour, but Oakley still has found a way to get their money's worth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
boing wrote:
True but Icam sure there are still some marginal gains that would make it quicker. The track bike's integrated stem at least looks cleaner.

I have been informally and indirectly told that Cervelo is working on just that...some kind of very race focused TT bike that will be UCI-legal or perhaps, a la P5-3 and P5-6 have a UCI and tri version. Switching to a new team with Dumoulin riding a new TT bike a strong marketing foundation, assuming cervelo knows what marketing is, which they don't really seem adept at.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunweb Cervelo [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:
boing wrote:

I have been informally and indirectly told that Cervelo is working on just that...some kind of very race focused TT bike that will be UCI-legal or perhaps, a la P5-3 and P5-6 have a UCI and tri version. Switching to a new team with Dumoulin riding a new TT bike a strong marketing foundation, assuming cervelo knows what marketing is, which they don't really seem adept at.

Interesting to hear and hits at what I thought might happen. I heard sunweb wanted a partner brand to help develop new products to be competitive on one of the cycling websites. Given the current Giant range of bikes is up there with the Trinity being an aero wash with other leading TT bikes and the TCR often rated as one of the best road race bikes this suggested they are after something new (or it could just be the usual spin!). With the work on the GB track bike it is quite possible cervelo have seen a few areas they can shave some seconds off on a new TT bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunweb Cervelo [Stevie_A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stevie_A wrote:
Apparently Giant may be sponsoring Team BMC...

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/...g-say-sources-380358

I would be sad if BMC didn't sponsor any team. Their bikes are among the best looking...
Quote Reply
Re: Sunweb Cervelo [formula bike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, really like the look of the latest Roadmachine (particularity the disc version)
Quote Reply
Re: Sunweb Cervelo [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:
boing wrote:

I think it’s almost a guarantee they are working on that. The p5 is pretty old at this point for a UCI legal bike and it’s not a disc tt bike which is basically certainty that the next one will be. What will be interesting is if they actually make a jump in time savings on it or will it be close to the same but with disc brakes. I think that was the biggest disappointment for most people on the X. They effectively made an equal bike as the p5-6 but with discs, aerowise at least. When everyone was used to seeing big jumps in savings for them that was a pretty big miss for a lot of people.
Quote Reply