Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do I have to replace my Selle Italia SLR?
Quote | Reply
On my TT, last year I replaced my Selle Italia SLR with the same model again, because the old one was worn. This is a normal road saddle.
Today I came to read this:

https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Choosing_j6333.html

There are no normal road saddles in this articles: they are all split saddles. I (male) ride quite an aggressive position, and I must say I do not have problems with my saddle. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought the same again.

However the article made me wondering: should I try a split saddle, although I do not experience any problems with my SLR?
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have to replace my Selle Italia SLR? [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The SLR is my favorite all around saddle. It fits me well. I've had it on my road, MTB, TT, and gravel bikes. The Fizik antares is a similar all-arounder for me.

If the SLR doesn't give you issues, then i wouldn't change it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6631625#p6631625

trentnix told me that if it ain't broke, don't fix it, even if it may be "behind the times"

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saddles are so personal.

Are you comfortable? Do you stay in position with that saddle? If yes, but at least 2 now. -Even Selle Italia change the designs now and again. I happened on the XO years ago and it just fits me for everything except TT. I bought 3 as insurance.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NO!! unless you are having noticable issues, don't change. I am in the same boat as you and have tried a few split nose saddles and could not stand them at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone disposing of their SLRs, feel free to send them my way for "recycling."
Quote Reply