Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Shimano 1x to be released tomorrow. Predictions? (update: photos released)
Quote | Reply
https://bikerumor.com/...asters-of-the-metal/

see two video teasers at the end of that great factory tour article. pretty obviously for mtb, but predictions? 1x12 or 13?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: May 24, 18 9:35
Quote Reply
Re: New Shimano 1x to be released tomorrow. Predictions? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10-51
Quote Reply
Re: New Shimano 1x to be released tomorrow. Predictions? [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
10-51

And they laser etch a middle finger into one of the large cog teeth.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New Shimano 1x to be released tomorrow. Predictions? (update: photos released) [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Shimano 1x to be released tomorrow. Predictions? (update: photos released) [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mainly predict a bunch of pre-written stroke jobs will be published by the various outlets, much like Canyon's bi-plane release, when everyone published the same articles with the same pictures at the same time.

I will say that factory is gorgeous and their off-site "meeting place" is amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: New Shimano 1x to be released tomorrow. Predictions? (update: photos released) [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
I mainly predict a bunch of pre-written stroke jobs will be published by the various outlets, much like Canyon's bi-plane release, when everyone published the same articles with the same pictures at the same time.

+1

It's all too obvious who in the bike media are completely under the thumb of the big manufacturers.

Adhering to embargoes is one thing, but a huge number of articles are pathetically lacking in any editorial content and basically just come across as informercials.
Quote Reply
Re: New Shimano 1x to be released tomorrow. Predictions? [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
10-51

You called it. Presence of etched middle finger still unconfirmed at this point.
Last edited by: T-wrecks: May 25, 18 11:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So we actually did get something pretty nifty out of the 1x12 Shimano: Hyperglide +

Quote:
For MY2019, XTR M91000 introduces Hyperglide+ to finally offer Hyperglide shifting in both directions. No more chunky drops under hard accelerations. What’s the benefit? Shock-free shifting that’s 1/3 faster.

I'm pretty excited about that. I really value a smooth and quiet drivetrain.
Quote Reply