Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [smartyiak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Return and get money back, or return for exchange/store credit? I would think if a product is deemed "unsaleable" you won't get your money back, only a store credit.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My work concurs with your general analysis. Before the Vapor Fly 4% fast runners were in the adios. There simply wasn’t a faster feeling shoe. Today the 4% has taken over the top spot in most races. Interesting you didn’t mention the Pbax midsole in the 4%. I would think that adds to the fast feeling of the shoe. As midsoles go there isn’t a midsole that feels as alive as Pbax. I would expect since Nike and Reebok are starting to perfect the use of Pbax we’ll see others try it out.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[quote]I’m not saying such policies don’t exist but I would assume the norm is not the ability to wear shoes outside and return. [/quote]

Actually that seems to be the policy in all the good LRS's I've been in across the country over the last few years. Go do a run in them if they aren't working bring them back.

Now if you go on some 10mile trail run that's going to negate that. But if you go on a treadmill run or around the block a few times if my LRS stopped taking those back I'd fine a better LRS to deal with.

If you can't get 15min in a shoe it's not going to work 45 min later. In fact for most people if the shoe isn't comfy when you try it on and go run up/down the sidewalk in front of your LRS it's not your shoe. Try a different pair

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My LRS was pretty liberal with their return policy, even suggesting that people take shoes on their Wednesday evening group run (3-6 miles) to try them out before buying them. That said, probably 99% of people returning shoes were just exchanging them for different shoes. Running Warehouse has a pretty awesome return policy. They will refund for New and give store credit for used up to 90 days.

Quote:
90 Day No Sweat Returns
Running Warehouse wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned at any point, new or used, within 90 days from the original invoice date.
  • To receive a refund or exchange for the full value of your purchase, products must be returned in new, store-bought condition within 90 days from the original invoice date.
  • Products returned in used or worn condition within 90 days from the original invoice date can be exchanged for another item, or are eligible to receive a store credit for the full value of the purchase. Please note that while we want you to be happy with your purchases, an excessive number of used returns within a twelve-month period may limit your eligibility for exchanges or store credit.
  • Products returned beyond 90 days from the original invoice date may be eligible to receive a store credit at the sole discretion of Running Warehouse.
  • Please note: PayPal refunds made more than 60 days after the original payment are considered new payments and regular PayPal fees for receiving money will incur. Running Warehouse will refund the value of the product returned; the total amount of money received will reflect the refund less any PayPal fees.
  • Shipping charges are non-refundable.

Quote Reply
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed re: treadmill. And that is my experience locally too. But if we are going to use the interwebs to save money or for other reasons I think we take the risk and likely get (and should probably expect) worse customer service
Quote Reply
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By your own admission, you did run 800m, outdoors in the shoes. I don't think there is any expectation that shoes come with any kind of "test drive". I have never taken a new pair of shoes outside of my house or a store. If someone bought a pair of spikes, ran an 800m race in them and they tried to sell them to me as new I would call bullshit.
Quote Reply
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [smartyiak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smartyiak wrote:
mattr wrote:
I think most specialty running stores will let you run outside once or twice and return the shoes. Big box stores and online stores usually don't.

This. All you guys saying that if you ran once or twice for a couple of miles and can't return them need to find a new shoe store.

So you would have no issue then buyings said shoes as new? I don't expect to buy new shoes somebody took for run, therefore also I don't expect I can take shoes for a run and then return them as new.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
By your own admission, you did run 800m, outdoors in the shoes. I don't think there is any expectation that shoes come with any kind of "test drive". I have never taken a new pair of shoes outside of my house or a store. If someone bought a pair of spikes, ran an 800m race in them and they tried to sell them to me as new I would call bullshit.

This is what I don't get. You openly admit to "using" them and are then upset when the store claims they're used. Which they are.
Quote Reply
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[quote] But if we are going to use the interwebs to save money or for other reasons I think we take the risk and likely get (and should probably expect) worse customer service [/quote]

Is it really saving money if you've got to send hem back or didn't get the correct size when the model changes etc.

To me is seems penny wise pound foolish to save $7-10 only to have to pay return shipping, be out shoes for 2 weeks or more while they are in transit etc.

Even on older models say Brooks Glycerin 15 since the 16 gets released 1 June and I may add is already on the shelf at my LRS, tried it on today in fact but most LRS will start discounting shoes 4-8 weeks before the shoe update.

Sure you could order the Kayano 24's from where ever for 25% off or you could go support your community and get them for 20-25% off at your LRS.

Anyway just some rambling

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [Hammer Down] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm shocked at the number of people who don't have access to a shop that accepts returns. Common practice in 95% of shops these days.
Quote Reply
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [Brett runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running Warehouse's return policy is ridiculously forgiving. I'd be embarrassed to return "slightly used" shoes after 89 days. I imagine they have a lot of customers who abuse that policy, but I also expect the policy pays for itself in goodwill and increased sales from customers who might not buy if the return policy was stricter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
with the amount of fanboying in triathlon going on at the moment over vaporfly 4%s you should sell these online in less than 30 mins, and heck I think you can make a profit too. A little ROI
Quote Reply
Re: Eastbay.com won't accept this return for Nike vaporfly 4%'s - what?? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Quote:
But if we are going to use the interwebs to save money or for other reasons I think we take the risk and likely get (and should probably expect) worse customer service

Is it really saving money if you've got to send hem back or didn't get the correct size when the model changes etc.

To me is seems penny wise pound foolish to save $7-10 only to have to pay return shipping, be out shoes for 2 weeks or more while they are in transit etc.

Even on older models say Brooks Glycerin 15 since the 16 gets released 1 June and I may add is already on the shelf at my LRS, tried it on today in fact but most LRS will start discounting shoes 4-8 weeks before the shoe update.

Sure you could order the Kayano 24's from where ever for 25% off or you could go support your community and get them for 20-25% off at your LRS.

Anyway just some rambling

That is something awesome about Running Warehouse. I have not returned a pair that I used outside even though I know you can, but the cool thing is it is FREE return shipping. The even include the label in the box with the shoes when you purchase them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Agreed re: treadmill. And that is my experience locally too. But if we are going to use the interwebs to save money or for other reasons I think we take the risk and likely get (and should probably expect) worse customer service

I only use RH and enjoy their great customer service and policies. No need to go to an LRS because I know what I want, don't need their insight into what shoes to get, so I don't want to pay for their overhead. On the off chance I get something that doesn't work RH will take it back, my LRS wont.

I worked at multiple LRS and as the merchant, I get it, you cant resell shoes with more than a few blocks on them and shops I worked would not give refunds on those. But as a customer, Im not going to take a $100 bet Saucony didnt screw up my shoe with the new version, I'll buy from somewhere with a reasonable return policy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next