Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fake transgender insurance scam
Quote | Reply
So in my province gov't has decided your drivers license can list your gender as non-specified. Talking to insurance agent. People are renewing their drivers licenses as non-specified.

Then they call insurance and tell them they are such and insurance company is obligated to charge them the female rate. Not a trivial difference for someone in their teens or twenties. Saves thousands of dollars a year.

Took about 6 months for that to start.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Fake transgender insurance scam [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
So in my province gov't has decided your drivers license can list your gender as non-specified. Talking to insurance agent. People are renewing their drivers licenses as non-specified.

Then they call insurance and tell them they are such and insurance company is obligated to charge them the female rate. Not a trivial difference for someone in their teens or twenties. Saves thousands of dollars a year.

Took about 6 months for that to start.

Not sure I'm seeing the transgender aspect of this. I am seeing insurance fraud, but not transgenderism.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give it a while and when they start to notice more and more non Gender specified accidents and tickets, they will charge more for that group.

Have no fear, Big INS will adjust and recoup their loses.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Fake transgender insurance scam [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see why this is a scam or a fraud. Who says that they don't identify as non gender. Or maybe, just maybe, they don't want to have the Insurance company know what their gender is.

If that's an option, then take it.

That's not a scam.

Last edited by: BLeP: May 23, 18 11:50
Quote Reply
Re: Fake transgender insurance scam [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I don't see why this is a scam or a fraud. Who says that they don't identify as non gender. Or maybe, just maybe, they don't want to have the Insurance company know what their gender is.

That's not a scam.

dammit, both of you need to shut up and let us be outraged about transpeople!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

That's not a scam.

Point taken, however, I think the number of non-gender individuals would be so low it wouldn't even register. Then again, it was high enough to make it a choice.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Fake transgender insurance scam [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
BLeP wrote:

That's not a scam.

Point taken, however, I think the number of non-gender individuals would be so low it wouldn't even register. Then again, it was high enough to make it a choice.

As I said, eventually the insurance companies will set a third price rate for the "non spcified" category. If there are a lot of men in that category then it will show up in the amount of tickets and accidents they have. They insurance companies will adjust accordingly.

At that point if you are a good driver who actually identifies as a non specified gender person then you might get screwed on pricing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

That's not a scam.

It's more like hustling a hustler.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait, insurance companies think women are better drivers than men? What planet are they living on?
Quote Reply
Re: Fake transgender insurance scam [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
BLeP wrote:

That's not a scam.

It's more like hustling a hustler.

Sort of.

Mostly it's just smart. You have the option to not specify your gender. For some stupid reason the Insurance company gives those people the female price.

So you have the option, why not take it?

Me, I am too lazy to change it. Plus, I firmly believe that that rate will go up once the insurance companies have ticket and accident rates to "justify" it.

Quote Reply
Re: Fake transgender insurance scam [PeterP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeterP wrote:
Wait, insurance companies think women are better drivers than men? What planet are they living on?

Teenage girls statistically have smaller claims than teenage boys.

It swaps in their 30s or so
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
People are renewing their drivers licenses as non-specified.

Then they call insurance and tell them they are such and insurance company is obligated to charge them the female rate.

That's kind of a dick move. Or not, as the case may be.
Quote Reply
Re: Fake transgender insurance scam [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
len wrote:
People are renewing their drivers licenses as non-specified.

Then they call insurance and tell them they are such and insurance company is obligated to charge them the female rate.

That's kind of a dick move. Or not, as the case may be.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This seems to have nothing to do with Transgender or insurance scam.

Is it a scam when asked for race to put non-specified?

Not sure how its a scam to say you don't want to be judged or evaluated based on Race, Creed, or Sex.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Fake transgender insurance scam [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe not a scam to ask for your race to be non-specified but a scam to then ask for the spot reserved for a person of color. Or in our province aboriginals don't have to pay sales tax. Can you identify as aboriginal if you don't want to pay sales tax. If you can't make the male fitness standard to be a police officer and you are male can you get in under the female fitness standard. Want to use the female change room at the pool etc.

It is not the people who are genuinely transgendered that are the issue it is the lack of any effort to identify them.

You simply get to be whatever you say you are even if you are not.

Post truth world.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Maybe not a scam to ask for your race to be non-specified but a scam to then ask for the spot reserved for a person of color. Or in our province aboriginals don't have to pay sales tax. Can you identify as aboriginal if you don't want to pay sales tax. If you can't make the male fitness standard to be a police officer and you are male can you get in under the female fitness standard. Want to use the female change room at the pool etc.

It is not the people who are genuinely transgendered that are the issue it is the lack of any effort to identify them.

You simply get to be whatever you say you are even if you are not.

Post truth world.

I'm confused,

I get a form asking Race with options, Caucasian, Black, Asian, European, Martian, non-specified.

I will choose unspecified as it doesn't matter, and is none of their business.

Give my a form that says Gender Male, Female, non-specified

I will choose non-specified again as it doesn't matter and is none of their business.

Not lieing or deceiving anyone. if it said, Male, Female, other or Male, Female, Transgendered, I would choose the answer that fits me, but given the choice of saying non-specified or Do not wish to answer I will always choose those options.

I am really missing your point. Just wondering if I go into a place of business that has Male, Female, and non-specified (just a door that says Restroom) am I not allowed to use the door that is non-specified?

It seems you think Non-specified is code that everyone knows for Transgender. Where in reality it means I am not going to let you classify me.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Fake transgender insurance scam [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm confused,
I get a form asking Race with options, Caucasian, Black, Asian, European, Martian, non-specified.

I agree.

I will choose non-specified again as it doesn't matter and is none of their business.

I disagree. In the auto insurance world it is their business, as young males are in more accidents than young females.

Should they not ask how old you are either, because it's none of their business?

I miss YaHey
Last edited by: Justgeorge: May 24, 18 7:51
Quote Reply
Re: Fake transgender insurance scam [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
I'm confused,

I agree.

I disagree. In the auto insurance world it is their business, as young males are in more accidents than young females.

Should they not ask how old you are either, because it's none of their business?

Of course it's their business, at least to the extent that the law allows for gender discrimination in auto insurance. But it's not a scam to answer "non-specified" if that's one of the options. Insurance companies can adjust their rates for non-specified, and if they don't, that's their problem.

My understanding is that Wyoming and perhaps some other states prohibit gender discrimination in auto insurance rates. Where that's the case, it's truly none of their business.
Quote Reply